Jumeirah launches new lifestyle brand as occupancy on their Dubai hotels soar
Due to a strong growth being reported in the sale of guest rooms at their Dubai hotels, the luxury group of Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts have announced the creation of a new lifestyle brand of hotels to be formally launched by late 2010.
The luxury brand of Jumeirah hotels has recently reported a strong growth in sales, which has been fuelled mainly by the increasing occupancy rates it experienced on its Dubai hotels this year. Making the most of the big momentum, the group has also unveiled plans to launch a new lifestyle brand later in 2010 which will go under the name of VENU Hotels, marking a new era for the hotelier, which gave its first steps in the Dubai holidays market.
Jumeirah’s beachfront properties, which offer luxury Dubai holidays in premium locations – including the Burj al Arab, Jumeirah Beach Hotel and the Madinat Jumeirah – registered an unprecedented occupancy level of 92.5 % in April and an average of 89 % during February and March.
Such strength in the Dubai holidays market was particularly encouraging for the group, with the Jumeirah Emirates Towers hotel hitting the 75 % mark on occupancy levels for the February-March 2010 period.
“The high occupancy rates recorded at our hotels confirms that Dubai has maintained and consolidated its place as the preferred destination for discerning travellers.” - said Gerald Lawless, Executive Chairman of Jumeirah Group.
Another arena in which the Jumeirah group also did particularly well was at last year’s World Travel Awards, walking away with the title of “Middle East’s Leading Luxury Brand”, while their Jumeirah Emirates Towers hotel picked up the “Middle East’s Leading Business Hotel”. If all this wasn’t enough, at the WTA Grand Final in London last November, the Burj al Arab won the blue ribband category as the “World’s Leading Hotel”.
But Jumeirah’s excellent performance is not limited to its operations on the Dubai holidays market. The Jumeirah’s Essex House in New York has secured average occupancy rates of 85 % during April, while its London properties – Jumeirah Carlton Towers and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel – showed a similar strength during the same period.
Regarding the new lifestyle brand of VENU Hotels Mr Lawless added - “VENU Hotels will, when launched, fulfil a clear market need and one that is highly complementary to the Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts brand. We are looking forward to a busy and exciting period opening new hotels, attracting new guests and introducing a new hotel brand concept to the world.”
Jumeirah’s new contemporary brand will be formally launched by the end of this year as a key element in the group's global expansion programme, which includes a goal of opening 30 new hotels worldwide by 2013.
While the company has yet to confirm the locations of its first set of VENU hotels, it says it is in advanced negotiations with developers interested in opening VENU branded hotels in the Middle East, Northern Africa, Eastern Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Founded in 1997 with the aim of becoming a leading hotelier in the hospitality industry through establishing a world class portfolio of elegant hotels and resorts to offer luxury holidays for the discernign traveller; Jumeirah expects to open at least 10 new hotels within the next 18 months including Jumeirah Frankfurt, Jumeirah Messilah Beach in Kuwait, two new the Maldives hotels as they enter the Maldives holidays market, a further Jumeirah Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi, as well as properties in Al Ain, Shanghai and more Dubai hotels, staying loyal to their Dubai roots serving the always lucrative Dubai holidays sector.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...