A new tourism school to offer better serviced Cuba holidays
For the better development of sustainable tourism at one of Cuba's most popular tourist resorts, the country has founded a new tourism school with the aim of training professionals to look after preserving the ecosystem while providing great Cuba holidays
Ensuring a future of well-serviced Cuba holidays that offer the discerning traveller competitive and efficient tourism packages, the country has opened a new Tourism School; at the same time confirming the Cuba travel industry's increasing spiral which annually brings more than two million visitors from all over the world who come to enjoy Cuba holidays.
Inaugurated by the Hotel and Tourism School (FORMATUR) as part of new actions to further develop Cuba holidays and expand the country’s tourism sector; this new tourism learning centre will be aimed at preserving the marine and land biodiversity already present in the tourist resorts that lie at the north of the island in provinces such as Camaguey, Matanzas, Villa Clara, Sancti Spiritus and Ciego de Avila.
The institution founded this new Hotel and Tourism School to become the first in that area, which has one of the country's most outstanding recreational sites attracting thousands of tourists every year: Jardines del Rey.
Fully equipped with computers, printers and internet access (very restrictive and limited in the island) this new school will be training tourism professionals from eastern Cuba who in a near future will be looking after sustainable Cuba holidays while preserving the environment in this region.
An official report states the central province of Ciego de Avila, known for its leisure facilities on its northern keys, recently joined the Centre of Sustainable Tourism Development. As part of the Sustainable Centre, the new tourism schoool will carry out research works to monitor and evaluate the impact of tourism development on the region’s ecosystems, and the fragility of such ecosystems when faced against a possible massive inflow from U.S. travellers taking Cuba holidays once the Cuba travel ban is lifted.
The initiative is aimed at preserving the land and marine biodiversity in areas of tourism activities in the northern coast of Camaguey, Matanzas, Villa Clara, Santi Spiritus and Ciego de Avila provinces.
For training professionals, the new centre features a training room and a service lounge equipped with computers, printers and high-speed Internet access.
It will be devoted to investigative activities, monitoring and impact assessment of tourism development on the area's ecosystems.
For four consecutive years the island has been receiving over two million travellers from around the world who come enticed by the Cuba holidays appeal and the authorities are now opting for a strategy that combines sustainable tourism and sustainable growth to keep the freshness of the Cuba holiday appeal factor for many more years to come.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...