Promoting Barbados holidays in Brazil with best of Barbados culture
A new painting reflecting the best of Barbados' culture will be soon gracing the walls of Barbados' new embassy in Brasilia, Brazil. The gift came from Barbadian artist and Honorary Consul of Portugal to Barbados, Catherine Forter Chee-a-Tow.
Another small step signalling a big achievement for the Barbados holiday industry has been taken as the Caribbean island opened its new embassy in Brazil. Helping to bring awareness of Barbados holidays to the Brazilian market, in conjunction with the new embassy opening a gift from Portugal portraying the vibrancy of the country and the richness of its culture was hanged on the new premises.
"Bridgetown Market", the title of a painting by Artist and Honorary Consul of Portugal to Barbados, Catherine Forter Chee-a-Tow will be gracing the walls of Barbados' new Embassy in Brazil, as a gift that reflects the best of Barbados holidays and beautifully represents the country's rich culture.
Artist and Honorary Consul of Portugal to Barbados, Catherine Forter Chee-a-Tow presented her gift to Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade, Maxine McClean during a brief ceremony that took place yesterday morning. Commenting on her piece of art and how it would help give viewers a true picture of what Barbados holidays were all about she said that "she understood the importance of our country's presence overseas and strived to increase art's dynamic role in promoting Barbados' culture abroad."
Senator McClean in turn praised the magnificent piece and maintained it depicted a "wonderful piece of old Barbadiana", something the artist was quite familiar with.
"This painting not only captured activity, it also captured the entrepreneurial spirit of Barbados and Barbadians. And I believe, especially in these times when we are encouraging such a spirit of entrepreneurship, it reminds us of the importance of that...
"In terms of our initiatives in Brazil - entrepreneurship, business and commercial activity are important. And from a cultural standpoint as well, we need to encourage our young Barbadians to see art and things related to art as an important endeavour from the point of view of cultural expression," she said expressing her opinion.
Chee-a-Tow added that by partnering with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, through the permanent placement into the new Embassy, in Brasilia, Brazil, the "Bridgetown Market", would encourage cross-cultural understanding within the diplomatic community and of course among the international public who would get a clear picture of the many great aspects of Barbados holidays all rolled into one single and beautiful painting.
"I extend best wishes to our first Ambassador to Brazil, Yvette Goddard, and hope that "Bridgetown Market" assists her silently, by visually sharing with the people of Brazil, the most important aspect of our culture - our people" - she said on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- September Sale now on with discounts of up to 15% off all rooms and a Special offer in Superior Ocean Front Studios
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- September Sale with up to 40% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
Sample an assortment of fun activities for a relaxing holiday to remember at Treasure Beach by Elegant Hotels
- Incredible Savings of up to 50% off all rooms
- Enjoy a complimentary Chef's Dinner and a Daily Hour of complimentary drinks at the Sunset Cocktail hour included in your stay
- Boutique art-focused hotel with thirty-five spacious suites
Sugar Bay Barbados is perfect for discovering Bajan Paradise in an All Inclusive Resort
- Premium All Inclusive hotel with a selection of dining options including a Steakhouse
- September Sale now on with savings of upto 40% PLUS $20 Spa Credit per person
- Enjoy a wide selection of activities including beach volleyball, wind surfing, jet skis, sailing and more
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island at Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, as the elegant eco-friendly...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...