Tourism Fair in Cuba Focuses on promoting Cuba holidays for Russian market
The 30th International Tourism Fair will be held in Cuba in May and will be devoted to Russia as the number of travellers from the region taking Cuba holidays has increased by 12 percent during the months of January and February this year.
The tourism fair will take place from 3 - 8 May 2010 and will be held at Morro-Cabana Park in Cuba's capital city, Havana. Over 8,700 Russians tourists took holidays in Cuba and stayed in Cuba hotels in January and February 2010, which is a 12 percent increase on the same period during 2009.
The majority of foreign tourists taking Cuba holidays come from Canada, closely followed by Great Britain, Spain, Germany and France. Last year 2.43 million travellers took Cuba holidays and visited the stunning Caribbean region, but despite a 3.4 percent increase on Cuba travel in comparison to 2008, the overall economic sector saw a decline of 11 percent. This year the tourism fair is designed to attract more travellers from Russia to visit Cuba and enjoy Caribbean holidays.
This 30th International Tourism Fair is a major event on the island and will see the presence of professionals from the tourism and travel industry including airlines, travel agents, tour operators, travel associations and trade press. The island country of Cuba is situated in northern Caribbean Sea east and of Mexico. Cuba is the main island and is surrounded by four other smaller groups of islands.
The tropical region is made up of long stretches of pristine sandy beaches, picturesque mountain ranges, historical sites, exotic wildlife and flora, and top spots for diving and snorkelling excursions. The warm tropical climate and friendly locals attract visitors from all over the world who are looking for relaxing Cuba holidays or adventurous active breaks.
The Cuban Ministry for Tourism have announced that from 1 May this year, Cuba nationals living abroad and travellers taking holidays to Cuba must have an insurance policy in order to enter the country.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...