Cuban Tourism for History and Legends
Lovers of adventure and mythical characters will love the new Pirate Cuba Tours in Camaguey which have been designed to provide tourists with a real-feel of how Caribbean pirates went about and how they used to frequent this region of the island.
There is a new exciting activity for lovers of adventure and mythical legends to enjoy during Cuba holidays. The latest of Cuba promotions is a new different kind of tour consisting of magical evenings filled with historical traditions for tourists to enjoy and take part in. Now, showing a touch of distinction, Cuba holidays present the travellers with all the fun and magic of legends and fantasies linked to corsairs and pirates.
Given that the western city of Camaguey witnessed incursions of such visitors in ancient times, the Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) has now introduced a set of pirate tours, highlighting the fact that these pirate visits were frequent in this province of Camaguey, a part of Cuba which was not exempt from incursions of such visitors in ancient times.
According to tourism authorities the pirate stories are part of the 500 years of history in this Cuban province where the buccaneers widened smuggling of merchandise in the Cuban coasts across several places of the Caribbean island.
Among the examples there are British Henry Morgan, French Francois Grammont and Peter the Olonesian, who were in Camaguey and other parts of the Caribbean.
The place where the new pirate incentive was created for Cuba holidays with added “Arrrrrr” is the little key of Santa Lucia, north of Camaguey, where a fabulous excursion recreates the arrival of the pirates to this Cuban beach. Travellers taking the tour as part of their Cuba holidays in Santa Lucia start at Los Cocos Beach, close to the entrance of Nuevitas.
The new activity to be enjoyed by tourists on Cuba holidays is called Fiesta Bucanero and has now become one of the favourite by the many travellers that come to Santa Lucia (a beautiful deserted key off Camaguey’s coast) from many parts of the world.
Tourists spending time in Camaguey as part of their holidays in Cuba might like to sign up to Fiesta Bucanero, a tour which has become widely popular among travellers.
The tour re-captures the landing of pirates and corsairs on the beaches of the Caribbean island for jet-setters, local news source Escambray reports.
The Cuban Tourism Ministry added that such tales are an important part of the history of the area, having had an effect for 500 years, with figures such as Francois Grammont of France, the British Henry Morgan and Peter the Olonesian involved in smuggling across the country.
Individuals still unsure of where to book their trips might like to take into account a recent study from Virtuoso revealing Cuba holidays to be one of the most popular destinations for travel in 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...