St Lucia holidays promotes image of high profile tourist destination during World Alive 2010
During the World Alive 2010 literary festival which took place in St Lucia for the 5th annual consecutive time, the St Lucia Tourist Board took the opportunity to promote St Lucia holidays as a highly desirable and sophisticated holiday destination.
The fifth annual Word Alive 2010 literary festival in St Lucia marketed as part of the island’s Tourist Board efforts to promote St Lucia holidays as a sophisticated Caribbean holiday destination recently took place from 25th to 28th March. This time around the event was distinguished for its hosting of a number of stalwarts of West Indian literature – among them Hon. Derek Walcott (St. Lucia), George Lamming (Barbados), Earl Lovelace (Trinidad & Tobago), Lorna Goodison (Jamaica) to name a few.
Organised and hosted by St. Lucia Arts Festival Company and headed by Adrian Augier, the literary festival this year marked the expansion of the event from one day into a full scale International Literary Arts Festival attracting many literature lovers and satisfying culture-thirsty travellers that happened to be enjoying St Lucia holidays at the time.
In unveiling the Word Alive programme, line-up and schedule of events on Wednesday to the top management of Word Alive’s lead sponsor 1st National Bank, Executive/Artistic Director Adrian Augier declared: “There has to be tangible manifestation of movement and growth of Arts an area that earned a place of distinction for Saint Lucia on the Caribbean stage in the early life of the region, and from a country that has a distinct voice on the global stage.”
Augier added that with deliberate efforts to formalise and organize Film as an artistic medium, the increase in literary publications and the new avenue for expression and recognition now available through Word Alive for budding writers of poetry and prose requires strategic action as we move to raise a standard and holistically develop our creative industries.
The Saint Lucia Tourist Board used the festival as another tool to portray the image of sophisticated and culturally-rich St Lucia holidays and contributed to the endorsement of the” Word Alive Literary Arts Festival which took place at the Samaans Park
Director of the SLTB Louis Lewis explained how the festival fitted nicely into the Board's initiatives to showcase and pitch St Lucia holidays as a high, distinguishable and sought-after destination:
“I think we need not be shy about some of the attributes that we have. It is important that we can boast about them. A festival of this nature fits rights into this agenda—to give our diverse cultural heritage the abundance of creativity that’s available among our population. With an attractive backdrop as our natural environment, I think that sets the bedrock for exploring the creativity and materials that can entice persons.”
In addition, Lewis also said that having recognised the importance of the film industry in marketing the island and St Lucia holidays in general, the SLTB has employed the services of a consultant who will assist the Board with capitalising on great opportunities.
“You might remember Pirates of the Caribbean which was filmed in the Saint Lucia a few years ago; the SLTB missed out on a great opportunity. You saw what transpired recently with the filming of the Bachelor here in Saint Lucia and its widespread publicity and what it has done for us as a destination. It only tells you how much further we can go if we take deliberate steps to capitalize on some of those assets.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at the luxurious Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- Book 7 nights and get US$150 Resort Credit per room category per stay
- Two Kids (4-12 years) stay and eat free
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its breathtaking views and its golden sand
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Save upto 32% off on all room types
- Complimentary activities available, non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- All Inclusive beachfront resort in Choc Bay with 6 restaurants, 6 bars and a cafe to choose from
- FLASH Sale still on with savings of up to £300 per person in all room types
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with an adults section and family section complete with St Lucia's only water park
- Includes $1000 resort credit to be used in resort on Spa treatments, upgrades and more
- Extended offer of up to 70% off on all room types when staying plus up to 2 Kids stay and play FREE
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Additional Booking Bonus of up to £325 per booking on top of the 45% savings - please call for more details
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway at Rendezvous you and your loved one have always fantasised about with a stay on the...
Situated in the heart of Gros Islet is the magnificent Bay Gardens Inn, a classy resort set in lush tropical gardens....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings out...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...