Cuban books confirms the strength of sports and recreation for Cuba holidays
A new book on Cuban Sport Fishing has recently beenn launched by Cuban fishing expert and author Ismael Leon, a self-taught journalist with years of experience in this practice. In the book he shares his knowledge and expertise throughout its 10 chapters.
The allure of sports and recreational activities are indeed a great incentive for travellers considering Cuba holidays, or so seems to confirm a recent press report stating that a new book for Cuban tourism dedicated to Sport Fishing, History and Tradition, "confirms the strength of sport and recreation" in the island.
This new volume that talks about how Cuba holidays are an active experience for many travellers that choose to engage in nautical and land sports, is an extensive research done by the author Ismael León as he uses an “entertaining way to introduce the subject, both for well up readers and inexperienced".
"With 236 pages, over 20 illustrations, photographs and tables, in an edition of two thousand copies, the Scientific-Technical Publisher illustrates the benefits of this practice and its significance from a tourist perspective" - added the Cuban press.
For lovers of sea sports and fishing more specifically, this book displays 10 chapters dedicated to presenting the Landscape of Fisheries, Fisheries as a Colonial Hobby, Clubs, tournaments and publications, as well as outlining partnerships, competitions, strategies, statistics and the impact of American writer Ernest Hemingway and how his time living in Cuba has inspired many worldwide sea lovers to follow the trail of the author of “The Old Man and the Sea” enjoying marine Cuba holidays for the fishing aficionados.
Ismael León the author of the book, who is a self-taught journalist and a fisherman, with a few decades of experience that tie him to this practice, both from a sporting and touristic point of view, the reading of his book allows the curious traveller eager to take active Cuba holidays for fishing, to get to know important elements of this practice and its recreational development in recent years, through different tournaments, in addition to its background, history and basic explanation. The volume's title is 'Cuban Sport Fishing, History and Tradition' and has already gone on sale for all fishing enthusiasts to buy during their sport-fishing Cuba holidays.
"Traditions, symbolic names, the emergence of spaces for sports and other topics make the book an important work not only for those interested in the subject, but for anyone wanting to visit this country for the first time" - León said.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana, staying in the residence of the 'stars', with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's world famous resort, Varadero
- Discover history and culture in Havana
- 15 restaurants and bars in Varadero
- Enjoy cabartes and live music
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...