Viceroy debuts in the Indian Ocean with plans for new Maldives hotel
Winter 2010 will see the dismantling of the first ever Viceroy hotel in the Maldives, marking an important step for the luxury hotelier as it ventures outside the U.S with its first international hotel in this popular Indian Ocean holiday destination.
For the delight of Viceroy fans wanting to take luxury Maldives holidays in true Viceroy-style, the date is nearing for the full launch of the latest addition to the Viceroy family, this time opening in the island of Vagaru at the Shaviyani Atoll in the Maldives.
When December comes we’ll have yet another over-water bungalow accommodation to drool over for exclusive Maldives holidays in a spectacular location with awe-inspiring architecture and décor. If the released pictures are anything to go by, this new Viceroy hotel property will be nothing short of amazingly beautiful and unique with innovative lay outs and refined furniture and amenities to cater to the most discerning of travellers on Maldives holidays.
Once it opens it will be the first Viceroy outside of the Americas although not the first beach resort for Viceroy (there's Viceroy Anguilla and Zihuatanejo.) Due to open by the end of this year, the new property was recently announced just yesterday as Viceroy Hotels and Resorts unveiled its construction plans (already well under way) for providing Maldives holidays with a new level of luxury and elegance with a dash of modern eclecticism. On Viceroy’s recent public announcement it was also revealed that the new Maldives property is currently being developed by Maldives-based, luxury hotel developer, EoN Resorts (EoN), in partnership with Mubadala Development Company. Mubadala is a 50% shareholder in Viceroy Hotel Group, and is actively driving the expansion of the luxury Viceroy Hotels and Resorts brand into key gateway cities and destinations across the globe.
Viceroy Maldives, will be an ultra-exclusive luxury resort currently under construction on the pristine, crescent-shaped island of Vagaru, located in the Shaviyani Atoll, one hour north of the capital Male. Its opening in December 2010 will mark a new level of modern luxury for Maldives holidays following the recent successful launches of Viceroy Miami, Viceroy Snowmass in Colorado and Viceroy Anguilla in the Caribbean.
The new Viceroy Maldives resort will feature 61 luxury villas, situated both over the crystalline water as well as on the beaches that ring the 17-acre Vagaru Island. The villas – amongst the largest in the Maldives –will boast from 1,345 to 3,300-square feet of indoor space, with generous outdoor private areas, all including plunge pools.
Furthermore, for outstanding dining options during Maldives holidays here the resort will also offer 5 unique food and beverage outlets, a spacious over-water spa and fitness center, a signature cantilevered pool and pool deck and a full-service dive and watersports activities center, allowing Viceroy guests to take advantage of the world-class diving, fishing and snorkeling available in the resort’s house reef and beyond.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- Gaze at the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
Bask in the crystal waters of the Indian Ocean with this stunning Maldivian hideaway
- Explore the local reef with an expert guide
- Experience the true Maldivian way of life with a local family
- Indulge your senses with serene tranquillity at the Spa
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...