Travellers Can Enjoy 2010 Reggae Festival on Barbados Holidays
Travellers enjoying Barbados holiday in April this year will be able to experience the famous Barbados Reggae Festival featuring a number of local musicians and a new additional fourth event to the programme, a party cruise on the Harbour Master.
The four-day Barbados Reggae Festival will be taking place from 18-25 April and will kick off with the Digicel Reggae On The Beach at Carlisle Bay Centre on the first day.
This year’s event will be focusing on getting the HIV/Aids message across to travellers taking holidays to Barbados as well as local islanders, using different media methods throughout the duration of the Reggae Festival with the help of musicians and DJs.
Dr. Carol Jacobs, Chairman of the Caribbean Broadcast Media Partnership on HIV/Aids, said:
“We are in an era of what we call AIDS fatigue. . . . So if we’re going to engage our young people, if we’re going to engage our DJs, if we’re going to engage our songwriters, our artistes our entertainers, it must be in a real kind of way. It must be in their world in real time.”
The event is also in conjunction with South Central Entertainment who will be providing Super Sound Check messages to festival goers, and Leah Marville, the reigning Miss Barbados World, with her Love Campaign.
The organisation is hoping to get the important message across to travellers on holidays in Barbados from all over the world as well as local Bajans.
Other events in the festival programme include the Vintage Reggae Show & Dance which will be held at the gymnasium of the Garfield Sobers Sports Complex on 23 April; the new Harbour Master party cruise on 25 April; and the finale event of Reggae on the Hill on 25 April.
Travellers taking Barbados holidays will be able to enjoy an array of entertainment at this year’s festival with performances from Konshens, John Holt, Busy Signal, Mr. Vegas, Marcia Griffiths, Maxi Priest, Ernie Smith, Taurus Riley, Jon Doe, Admiral, Kirk Browne, Li’l Rick, Albert Olton, Buggy, and Ken Lazarus.
This year’s festival will be costing $1.4 million but despite this, organisers have announced that the ticket prices will not be increasing for the second consecutive year.
Visitors taking Barbados holidays during April can now book their early bird tickets for the event and are advised to book accommodation at Barbados hotels as soon as possible before availability runs out.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- September Sale now on with discounts of up to 15% off all rooms and a Special offer in Superior Ocean Front Studios
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- September Sale with up to 40% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
Sample an assortment of fun activities for a relaxing holiday to remember at Treasure Beach by Elegant Hotels
- Incredible Savings of up to 50% off all rooms
- Enjoy a complimentary Chef's Dinner and a Daily Hour of complimentary drinks at the Sunset Cocktail hour included in your stay
- Boutique art-focused hotel with thirty-five spacious suites
Sugar Bay Barbados is perfect for discovering Bajan Paradise in an All Inclusive Resort
- Premium All Inclusive hotel with a selection of dining options including a Steakhouse
- September Sale now on with savings of upto 40% PLUS $20 Spa Credit per person
- Enjoy a wide selection of activities including beach volleyball, wind surfing, jet skis, sailing and more
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island at Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, as the elegant eco-friendly...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...