Invitation to jazzy St Lucia holidays with Tea Time Jazz 2010
As the St Lucia Jazz Festival 2010 nears, the pre-festival activities are announced, such is the case for the Tea Time Jazz, now in its 13th year running and this time around promising as many free concerts and events where entertainment is guaranteed.
Calling all those holidaymakers about to embark on St Lucia holidays in April and warning those who haven’t taken the plunge yet that now is the time to do it and book fabulous music-tastic St Lucia holidays for May in order to enjoy the best of the prelude parties and concerts ahead of ST Lucia Jazz Festivall 2010. The pre-party goes by the name of Tea Time Jazz and will feature a range of free concerts accompanied by light refreshments and of course, tea!
For the 13th year running, La Place Carenage will host its annual Tea Time Jazz, a mini-festival that precedes the major Jazz Festival in May and which is added to the official Calendar of Events of the St Lucia Jazz Festival in 2010. Tea Time Jazz will comprise (as usual) a series of free concerts featuring primarily local performances and of course its signature complimentary tea, coffee and light snacks. As expressed below by this year’s main coordinator and manager, now it’s the best time to book ahead for those jazzy St Lucia holidays, as this year, the management of La Place Carenage is “Pulling Out all the Stops” as they prepare to present one of the most loved fringe events of the St. Lucia Jazz Festival.
“Music, Art, Heart is our theme for this year’s event— music for the pulsating rhythms that will emanate from the mall, Art for the Desmond Skeete Animation Center which will be a key feature of Tea Time Jazz 2010 and heart for the love of our many sponsors and patrons who have so vigorously supported us over the years”- said Susanna Isaac, Manager La Place Carenage. “In addition, we will continue our Affordable Luxuries campaign where the shops within the mall will present their usual in-store promotions and we will again offer our amazing 50% off tickets to the Animation Center. We are definitely “pulling out all the stops” – she continued.
As Dona Regis, Director of Marketing and Product Development states, the presenting sponsor of Saint Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA) will continue to support Tea Time Jazz - “In addition to being a fantastic event, SLASPA also sees Tea Time Jazz as an excellent avenue for the showcasing of local talent. We continue to support this event as part of our mandate for social and economic development of St. Lucia. We believe that supporting our local Musicians is an important aspect of this development” - Ms. Regis concluded.
So what are you waiting for? Whether you’re a jazz-lover, a party-lover or a plain music lover in the most general sense of the word, now it’s the time to secure St Lucia holidays in May as the Tea Time Jazz will be held from May 05th–6th 2010 from 3pm at La Place Carenage, shortly preceded by the actual major event: the St Lucia Jazz Festival 2010 which will take place from 7th to 9th May. The official Line-up of performing artists will be formally announced at the Launch event carded for April 2010, so if you want to be present there too, go earlier and book your St Lucia holidays from late April to early May for unforgettable days of non-stop jazzy rhythms!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Check into Coco Palm hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of Rodney Bay and minutes walk from Reduit Beach
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
- Colonial-style resort featuring French Creole decor
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Starfish St Lucia Resort
- Savings of up to 40% off on all room types plus a guaranteed free room upgrade to the next room type
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guest's tastebuds
Go for a premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgence
- Features St Lucia's only waterpark
- 2 kids stay and play for free
- Book now for a $1000 resort credit
A perfect escape designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Free Room upgrade to a Verandah Suite when booking a Premium Garden View for selected dates
- Free Double Room upgrade to a Luxury Beachfont Suite when booking a Verandah Suite for selected dates
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
- Savings of up to 55% off all room types for Summer 2019 when booking before 28th February 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the all-inclusive Starfish St. Lucia Resort offers jaw dropping views of...
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa is a premium all inclusive resort that is built to usher guests into complete relaxation....
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Situated in the heart of Gros Islet is the magnificent Bay Gardens Inn, a classy resort set in lush tropical gardens....
Marigot Beach Club And Dive Resort is ideally situated in a very secluded area on the island and offers amazing views to...
Stay at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort and turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and...