Cuba holidays' submarine world explored with Underwater Photography Festival
Next 15th February 2010, half a dozen countries will be taking part in the International Underwater Photography Festival Fotosub Colony 2010 and the place chosen for this year's submarine photo event are Cuba's coral-rich waters
The underlying beauty of submarine Cuba holidays and this island’s underwater riches will be fully explored at the next aquatic event taking place at some of the country’s richest coral-life-filled beaches. Half a dozen countries will take part from next 15th February 2010 at the International Underwater Photography Festival Fotosub Colony 2010 which Cuban newspaper Juventud Rebelde announced last Wednesday.
Cuba has been chosen for this underwater photography event due to its many great reefs and coral marine sites which make Cuba holidays ideal for snorkelling and diving.
The venue chosen for the festival this time around will be Punta Frances, in the southern Isle of Youth. Cuba will be competing with three teams together with representatives from Mexico, Germany, Spain, Great Britain and Italy.
The winning prize; a silver jellyfish, donated by the Cuban sculptor Raul Valladares, will serve to award the competition's champion as part of the preparation program to the World Underwater Photography Championship 2013.
Also Cuba holidays will play host to the 3rd Championship of the World Conference of Underwater Activities, which will take place between 9-20th April, 2010. Countries like Chile, Ecuador, Venezuela, Argentina, Mexico, Canada and Colombia have confirmed their presence.
This latter event will include the modalities of static and dynamic apnea with or without implements, jump blue, swimming with flipper in pool and open sea, underwater hockey and rugby, and deep apnea with constant ballast. Cuba holidays are ideal for underwater events and activities due to the idyllic climatic conditions, the clarity and warmth of the waters. The island has already a record-winner in the apnea modality, the 16 times record-winning Deborah Andollo.
The three last modalities mentioned will be only of exhibition and they won’t rank in the final positions table by countries, according to the competition organisers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for an adventure-filled break
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...