Virgin Atlantic offer debut partnership with charities
The Airline, Virgin Atlantic, have announced that they will be supporting and working closely with two charities over the next three years in first time efforts to raise money for needy causes, with the help of travellers on their Caribbean flights.
The airline which is known for its long haul routes to luxury destinations including Caribbean flights and flights to the U.S.A, Asia, and the Pacific, will be collaborating with The Travel Foundation and Change for Children charities.
Airline crew will be collecting money from passengers onboard flights to various destinations, which will help the Change for Children charity by supporting communities in Kenya, India, China and the Caribbean. The Travel Foundation is an independent charity in the UK which enables the travel industry to manage and take action towards sustainable tourism.
The money which donated onboard by travellers on Caribbean holidays or business trips will go towards helping towards a number of schemes in the Caribbean in a bid to help islands residents benefit from tourism and environmental protection. These projects include St Lucia and Tobago fish farming, honey production plants in Jamaica, and environmental waste management projects in Barbados.
Julie Southern, from Virgin Atlantic, said:
"As a long-haul airline flying around 800,000 passengers to the Caribbean each year we feel we have a responsibility to support sustainable tourism and provide opportunities for local people through these initiatives. Sustainability is about reducing the environmental impacts of our business as well as supporting the communities in which we operate. Through this partnership we can help young people really change their lives as well as helping to shape a sustainable future for the islands we are so proud to serve."
The Chief Executive of The Travel Foundation, Sue Hurdle, said:
"Tourism is vitally important to people in the Caribbean. Many depend on it for their livelihoods and for the future of their communities. So we're delighted that Virgin Atlantic has committed to a three-year programme with the Travel Foundation which will help local people to benefit from the opportunities that tourism can bring."
Virgin Atlantic provides millions of travellers each year with flights to their holiday destinations, whether they are on Caribbean flights and Caribbean holidays with routes to St. Lucia, Tobago, Cuba, Antigua and Jamaica, or if they are on long haul flights to New York, Boston, Las Vegas, and Orlando. This is the first time that the airline has joined partnerships with charities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Start your Cuban experience at the Nh Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...