Air France to launch Superjumbo flights to Dubai and Johannesburg
Air France are launching a series of new flight routes over the next few months from Paris to New York, Dubai, and Johannesburg using their brand new A380 aircraft, nicknamed the "Superjumbo", with the capacity to potentially seat 840 passengers.
Travellers looking to take Dubai luxury holidays with Air France will soon be able to travel onboard the brand new A380 aircraft as the airline switches from the former Boeing 777-300ER planes.
The superjumbo was launched earlier this month by Air France taking passengers from Paris to New York JFK on its first official commercial flight and plans are already underway to use the brand new airbus for flights to Dubai and Johannesburg.
With the number of business passengers travelling to Dubai on the increase and projects which were once on hold, including the expansion of Dubai hotels and resorts, now back under development, the demand for flights to Dubai is set to rise over the next few months and well into 2010.
The new A380 airbus will take passengers on their business flights and Dubai luxury holidays to the Middle East city on a daily basis from 18 January 2010. Despite the number of flights to Dubai changing from twice a day to just once a day, the capacity will remain the same because of the new larger aircraft available.
In March 2010, plans are in place for the launch of the third A380 which will be used to take passengers to Johannesburg from Paris on a daily basis.
Despite recent reports that Dubai is still suffering the effects of the global recession, the region's marketplace for business is continuing to grow and the launch of the new A380 aircraft will help contribute to the struggling economy, bringing travellers from all across the world to the bustling Middle Eastern business-led city.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
The location on the world famous Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai shopping malls
- FREE Half Board upgrade- Dine-around Half Board in over 60 Restaurants and Lounges
- Complimentary UNLIMITED access to Wild Wadi Water Park including shuttle transfer
Unwind at the beautiful beaches of Khao Lak before experiencing the best of Dubai
- 500m from Nang Thong Beach in Khao Lak
- Outdoor living in Khao Lak with open-air dining and three swimming pools
- Experience exquisite luxury in Dubai
Capture the wonders of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Dubai's only rooftop revolving restaurant
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani family
- Explore the city palace in Jaipur
Savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm and enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine. One of the most...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is an exclusive and...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...