Dubai holidays and the UAE Striving for better Air Traffic Sustainability
At the Global Middle East Conference taking place in Abu Dhabi next December ATC members will discuss air traffic control, aviation growth and sustainability as well as capacity, plans and challenges facing the Middle East travel industry.
Dubai holidays, Abu Dhabi holidays and Oman holidays have all one target in common at the next Global Middle East Conference: the improvement of air safety and sustainability as well as debating air traffic control investment, aviation growth, capacity plans and challenges facing Middle East travel.
Taking place in Abu Dhabi next December the two-day conference will be presented by the organisers of the ATC Global Conference & Exhibition and hosted by the UAE’s General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA).
Discussing the future of air travel concerning popular Middle Eastern destinations such as Dubai holidays and Abu Dhabi holidays, there are an array of challenges facing the skies above the region - from managing a rapid increase in air traffic and filling in holes in radar & infrastructure coverage, to the need for a strategic coordinating body and the lack of regional coordination. The conference will provide a much-needed forum for the discussion and debate of these issues, the resolution of which are essential for the sustainability and safety of the Middle East’s ambitious aviation development strategies.
“Future growth in the Middle East will be made by all stakeholders working closer together, developing an understanding of the various ATM needs and requirements.
At IFATCA we encourage that collaboration between all stakeholders is celebrated. Events like this are vital to establish the basis for this collaboration.” said Marc Baumgartner, president & CEO of IFATCA (the International Federation of Air Traffic Controllers’ Associations), who will be speaking at the conference.
Key decision-makers from regional and global ATM will be speaking at and attending the conference. Keynote speakers include Dr Majdi Sabri, regional vice president of Middle East & North Africa, IATA; Mohammed Khonji, regional director of ICAO; and Marc Baumgartner, president & CEO of IFATCA. They will be joined by senior representatives from organisations including the US Department of Defense; General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) Saudi Arabia; Office National Des Aeroports (ONDA) - Morocco; Civil Aviation Affairs - Kingdom of Bahrain; the FAA; EUROCONTROL; JATCA; Air Arabia; Emirates; EUROMED Aviation Project, and many more.
Dignitaries will also gather at the first ever ATC Global Middle East Gala Dinner, which is being held on the first evening of the conference. Activities will culminate on the third day of the event with a hosted tour of the GCAA’s Sheikh Zayed Centre for Air Traffic Movement - the largest and most advanced ATM facility in the Middle East.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Middle East Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine West Crescent of Dubai’s iconic Palm Jumeirah
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay and play FREE
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
Savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm, and enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine. One of the most...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Stay at the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Resort and Spa Marjan Island and discover the beauty of Ras al Khaimah, along...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...