Etihad Airways signs new codeshare agreement with UK's Flybe
Etihad Airways is offering its UK customers a greater deal of flexibility as it signs a codeshare agreement with Flybe, allowing passengers to fly from a wider range of new regional airports within the UK to Etihad's worldwide destinations.
The award-winning Abu Dhabi-based airline is now offering UK travellers with greater connection services for Abu Dhabi holidays and Dubai holidays, as following a code-share deal with Flybe the airline has just gotten closer to its British customer, allowing them to fly to Etihad’s full range of worldwide destinations from a host of new regional airports within the UK.
The largest regional airline in Europe, Flybe is a UK based company serving a wide range of cities all throughout the UK operating flights to 180 destinations across 13 countries. The airline’s largest base is Southampton Airport with other bases at Manchester, Birmingham and Belfast City airports.
This latest new deal will be helping Etihad by linking, giving air travellers in the UK greater and easier access to the Abu Dhabi-based airline’s rapidly expanding network of more than 55 holiday destinations worldwide, specialising in taking passengers to Abu Dhabi holidays from many airports around the world.
Under the deal, Etihad will place its two-letter ‘EY’ code on a number of services operated by Flybe between Paris, Frankfurt and Manchester and 35 regional airports within the UK. In turn, Flybe will place its ‘BE’ code on Etihad’s flights between the same three destinations and its Abu Dhabi home base.
“The UK is a key market for Etihad Airways and one which we are extremely keen to develop further. Flybe is a well-established and well-run operator with great reach within UK and mainline Europe” said Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ Chief Commercial Officer.
“This gives air travellers access to a range of regional destinations within the UK previously unavailable to them, while also giving UK fliers greater and much easier access to Etihad’s own expanding international network.” he later added.
Etihad Airways currently flies directly from Abu Dhabi to two destinations within the UK – a three-times-per-day service to London Heathrow and a daily service to Manchester. The new codeshare agreement with Flybe will give Etihad customers access to several regional airports in the UK, including Southampton, Birmingham and Belfast.
Mike Rutter, Flybe Chief Commercial Officer commented: “The agreement with Etihad is an exciting development for Flybe, and we are delighted to be working with such an excellent and well-respected airline. The codeshare is win-win for both airlines. For Flybe, it enables us to outreach to a new and different market, whilst at the same time further facilitating our leisure and business passengers.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Start your Cuban experience at the Nh Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...