Cuba's Varadero Beach looks set for bright future
Varadero is planning to expand its accommodation offering with a new set of resorts and luxury rooms on the horizon. Building upon the speculation of a possible US tourism market flourishing as soon as the travel ban is lifted, Cuba plans new hotels
Varadero beach in Cuba is getting ready for U.S travellers as it plans news resorts and luxury accommodation. The majority of travellers who currently take Varadero holidays are Europeans and Canadians but hope is on the horizon for a larger U.S market if travel regulations change in the near future.
Varadero beach offers travellers taking Varadero holidays 13 miles of stunning stretches of white sand and sparkling tropical waters. Located just 90 miles east of Havana, Varadero offers visitors a wide range of accommodation and amenities suitable for guests on all inclusive Cuba holidays and Varadero holidays and there are a number of new developments currently underway to attract more tourists to the region.
Cuba's No.1 beach destination currently have a variety of Varadero hotels with over 17,000 rooms available to visitors but plans are in place to create a number of luxury lodgings to appeal to U.S travellers enjoying luxury holidays in Cuba. Located on a narrow peninsula, Varadero currently has a golf course, and a number of water activities to entice travellers. It also has its own airport with direct flights to Miami enabling it to be an accessible destination for U.S visitors.
The resort is currently aimed at travellers on "value for money" Varadero holidays but tourism officials are planning to develop new luxury accommodation and improve existing hotels, restaurants and bars to attract high end travellers.
Scott Berman, a top U.S Cuba hotel analyst from Pricewaterhouse Coopers, said:
"There's overwhelming interest in Varadero and other Cuban areas. It's a question of readiness to handle what Cuban officials and hotel analysts say could be 1 million to 2 million Americans the first year of a lifted embargo."
Tourism officials and Varadero residents are optimistic that the President of the U.S.A will loosen travel regulations for U.S travellers to Cuba so that the resort can enjoy the tourism boost it deserves.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Varadero Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Make a dream holiday on the luscious beaches of Varadero a reality with an eight-day trip to this picturesque Cuban...
Enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts at Starfish Varadero. This locale is known for its...
If you are looking for a quiet city, sea fronted location, with the possibility of combining a relaxing holiday with...