Ritz-Carlton Announces its First of Egypt hotels in Cairo
Ritz-Carlton have announced plans to continue its rapid expansion plans in Egypt with their first hotel in the capital city, converting the historic Nile Hilton into the new Nile Ritz-Carlton after extensive renovations to be completed by 2011
Ritz-Carlton is about to leave its first mark on Cairo with its newest of Egypt hotels to be renovated at the heart of the Egyptian capital. Marking this as their first property to be branded under their name in the city, the new Nile Ritz-Carlton will be owned by Misr Hotels and will be a total conversion of the old Nile Hilton into a new ultra-deluxe hotel strategically located facing the iconic Nile river in the heart of bustling downtown Cairo.
Egypt holidays are about to get seriously exclusive and luxurious with this newest addition to Egypt hotels in Cairo. Plans are to convert in place to convert the previous 431-room Nile Hilton into a full-fledged Ritz-Carlton after an extensive and thorough renovation period starting now and expected to be finished by sometime in 2011.
Simon F. Cooper, President and Chief Operating Officer of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. expressed his joy over the new project: “We are honoured to have been selected by Misr Hotels to assume management of this iconic hotel. The hotel’s prime location in the literal centre of the city combined with The Ritz-Carlton’s renowned service will produce memorable stays for all our guests when it re-opens after the restoration phase. Our plans for The Nile Ritz-Carlton, Cairo are wide-ranging, and will include conversion of certain facilities to re-establish the hotel to its status as the leading property in the region.”
“We also continue to explore other opportunities and destinations in the country,” Mr. Cooper added. “With the growth in tourism, the increasing strength of the Egyptian economy, the sustained development of the infrastructure required, and the investment support from within the Egyptian tourism and hospitality sector, we see expansion within Egypt to be an important future strategy.”
The complete restoration and renovation process of the half-century old property commenced during mid 2009 and will last from approximately 18 to 24 months. The aim is to transform the venerable hotel into a modern benchmark for contemporary luxury Egypt holidays worthy of The Ritz-Carlton brand when it re-opens, while preserving its iconic heritage. The idea is to add the extra “oomph” factor for truly serious luxury holidays whilst remaining true to the hotel’s historic origins and classic design.
“Our selection of The Ritz-Carlton is based on a very strict assessment of the company’s renowned stature in the hospitality industry,” commented Aly Abdel Aziz, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Holding Company for Tourism, Hotels and Cinema. “The presence of The Ritz-Carlton in the heart of the city, paralleled with the extensive efforts of the Egyptian government to upgrade and improve the entire infrastructure of the industry is an affirmation of its serious commitment to attract new development projects and improve the entire investment environment in Egypt.”
“We carefully considered offers from many global management companies proposing to add this hotel to their collection of luxury properties. Ultimately, the offer by The Ritz-Carlton, a company with a reputation for service excellence and award-winning corporate culture, was retained to restore and manage this iconic property.” said Fathi Nour, Chairman of Misr Hotels Company.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...