Cuba developing a new chain of E hotels
Cuban Tourism Authorities have started to expand and develop the chain of 'Hoteles E' (Encanto), with plans for building new installations that could make the total rise to 50 'E Hotels' in the island.
The peculiar chain of Hoteles Encanto; ("Hoteles E") comprising a selection of picturesque small lodgings for the most charming of Cuba holidays, has plans to expand and multiply the number of its properties until reaching an expected total of 50 E-branded hotels across the island.
This initiative was given a push with the recent opening of the latest E Hotel ‘La Casa Verde’ in the province of Cienfuegos, a city known as “La Perla del Sur’ or “The Pearl of the South”, given its many charms and beautifully kept surroundings. A city relatively unexplored by the tourism market; the opening of this new E hotel was another stepping stone to exploiting the potential of Cuba holidays in this pretty and quaint city that feels more like a homely town, very different from the more upbeat and loud Havana holiday experience. Filled with little pieces of history and culture thrown here and there, Cienfuegos is one of the chief seaports of Cuba and has one of the island’s most beautiful and grand fortresses, the ‘Castillo de Jagua’ built on 1745 to protect the country against Caribbean pirates attacks. Moreover, the downtown of Cienfuegos has the largest and most remarkable cluster Neoclassical structures in the Caribbean. Likewise, the new ‘E Hotel’ that just opened here was located at a grand old neoclassical building of great historical value, for an exceptional Cuba holiday filled with old romance and alluring enchantment.
‘Encanto’ means ‘charm’ and is a name that perfectly suits the type of accommodation these little hotels offer. The ‘Hoteles Encanto’ brand was created to recover and restore magnificent old buildings with patrimonial, historical and cultural value in Cuba and transform them into lodging places around the main historical squares in the island. The E Hotels concept is to create Cuba holidays with extra culture and character.
After inaugurating the latest Cienfuegos E Hotel, Cuba’s Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero, expressed his support of this hotel chain that has amongst its most immediate plans the development of 10 more establishments, which are all at different stages of their remodelling and construction process.
The chain has confirmed its interest in further developing more Enchanting Cuba hotels across the island, at some of the most naturally beautiful or culturally rich spots. With the addition of these character-rich hotels, they aim at reinventing the Cuba holidays concept by offering a more folkloric and historic type of accommodation. With an ambitious vision for more of these exceptional Cuba hotels; the chain would like to reach the 50 mark as the total number of ‘E Hotels’.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana, staying in the residence of the 'stars', with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's world famous resort, Varadero
- Discover history and culture in Havana
- 15 restaurants and bars in Varadero
- Enjoy cabartes and live music
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...