Hotel providing luxury holidays in Seychelles shortlisted for award
The Fortress in Sri Lanka has been nominated to receive the title of the "Indian Ocean's Leading Hotel". The luxury hotel will compete for the award with 10 other nominees in the World Travel Awards 2009
A Sri Lanka hotel has been one of eleven hotels in the Indian Ocean to receive a nomination for the World Travel Awards 2009.
Situated in Koggala, in the south of the country, The Fortress, has successfully been shortlisted for the nomination of the "Indian Ocean's Leading Hotel" award. The luxury hotel will compete for the award with ten other nominees including a number of hotels who provide luxury Seychelles holidays.
With luxury holidays in Seychelles on the increase as the world climbs out of the recent recession, the hotels nominated for the prestigious award include the Banyan Tree and Château de Feuilles. Other nominated hotels include the Conrad in the Maldives; Rangali Island Legends, Maldives; Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives; The Oberoi, Mauritius; Belle Mare Plage Resort, Mauritius; Royal Palm, Mauritius and Soneva Gili, Maldives.
The number of visitors taking Seychelles holidays, Maldives holidays, and Sri Lanka holidays is expected to rise in the near future as the travel industry recovers from the economical crisis.
The Fortress provides luxury accommodation within historical settings on the golden coast of Sri Lanka. Its calming environment provides a haven for guests looking for relaxation, authenticity, and ultimate indulgence.
The Travel Awards ceremony, hailed as the "Oscars" of the travel and tourism industry, take place in London in a JW Marriott hotel, The Grosvenor, on 8 November. Over 200 Indian Ocean companies within the travel sector have been nominated for awards.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
With a gorgeous beach-fronted location, you're never too far from paradise on the beach
- Enjoy fantastic bar and lounge with relaxed atmosphere and ocean view
- Discover a wide range of dining options, including dining on the beach
- Step straight onto the pristine sandy beach from your chalet
Relax and unwind on two of the island's best beaches at Constance Ephelia Resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose a la carte or buffet
- Children will love the kids club welcoming little ones aged 4-11
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes to immerse yourself in the culture of the island
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Explore the islands of Mahe and Silhouette on an enchanting retreat to Seychelles.
- Enjoy as many activities and excursions as you like
- The stunning beaches on the islands of Mahe and Silhouette.
- Enjoy luxurious accommodation that will ensure you have a comfortable stay
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
The Avani Seychelles is set on the sandy Bay of Barbarons on the west coast of Mahe. This area of dramatic mountains,...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
The stunning self-catering apartments and rooms of Chalets Cote Mer are in the perfect location on Praslin Island in the...
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...