Whale and Dolphin Watching - Sri Lanka Natural Treasures
Duration: Half Day
Sri Lanka is one of the best places in the world to see blue whales and dolphins in their natural habitat. Sperm whales, killer whales, pilot whales and dolphins are also regularly spotted on whale watching trips organized from Mirissa on the south coast. Since the continental shelf is at its narrowest close to Dondra Head, Sri Lanka.s southernmost point, the deep water provides ideal feeding ground for migrating whales from November to April. Sri Lanka is becoming a major spot for watching Whales and Dolphins. Dondra Point of down south in Sri Lanka is the main port of Whale Watching in Sri Lanka during December to April. Out of these months December, January and April are the peak months of sightings. During these months there is 98% chances of spotting Sperm Whales and great chances of spotting Blue Whales as their migration path is just off Dondra Point. We are able to arrange Whale Watching Trips off Dondra Point in a fully insured trawler boat which will last for 3 hours. Also there are good chances of spotting Spinner Dolphins also off Dondra. Ample of accommodation options are available as Dondra point can be reach easily from Hikkaduwa, Galle, Unawatuna, Weligama, Mirissa and Tangalle which are popular beach locations in Sri Lanka. Kalpitiya is the best places if you are interested in seeing Dolphins. During November to March is the best season to go Dolphin Watching off Kalpitiya. At a time you can witness 1000-1500 Dolphins. We can arrange accommodation in basic holiday cottages to nice beach villas in Kalpitiya area.
Sri Lanka Holidays Browse all
Combine discovering the rainforests, temples and fishing villages of Sri Lanka's west coast, with exploring the infamous cutting edge developments in Dubai, within one invigorating holiday.
- Surround yourself with cutting edge opulence in Dubai.
- Surround yourself with tropical beauty, culture and history in Sri Lanka.
- Cheerful and exotic, yet affordable.
Enjoy an amazing twin-centre holiday combining the golden sands of Sri Lanka with the modern opulence of Arabic luxury in Dubai.
- Both hotels offer the finest quality facilities and amenities to suit guests of all ages
- While in Dubai escape to the tranquillity of SPA Asiana, the perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate
- Sample authentic Sri Lankan cuisine at the Avani Kalutara Resort with Half-Board dining
Sink into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean before a luxury getaway break to Sri Lanka
- Treat yourself to a revitalizing message at the spa or plunge into the island’s longest swimming pool in Sri Lanka
- Fabulous dining, nightlife and a wide range of watersports and recreation
- Complimentary WiFi in all rooms and selected public areas in the Paradise Island
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sink into comfort and luxury in the Indian Ocean
- Opt for a romantic escape to one of the uninhabited Maldivian islands
- Gold medal winning chef at the Heritance for the individual events at the Culinary Olympics - The only chef to have 9 Gold medals!!
- Experience a relaxing Dhoni ride in search of wild dolphins over the Indian Ocean
Wake up on a picture perfect island in the Maldives before heading to the magical island of Sri Lanka
Enjoy a romantic getaway and benefit from this amazing double island trip of a lifetime
- Experience a wide range of local excursions in Sri Lanka, enhancing your Indian Ocean experience
- The all-natural treatments draw on the ancient health and beauty traditions of Asia in the property's Jiva Spa
- Boasting one of the best spots for diving, amateurs and professionals can explore the resort's very own house reef and shipwreck
You will enjoy a perfect mix of beach and city in this attractive selection of hotel and destinations. Mermaid Hotel and...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...
Experience a warm Sri Lankan welcome at the Jetwing Blue Hotel. Surrounded by lush tropical gardens & a golden sand...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
This resort is spread across two acres of lush coconut groves and tropical gardens by the golden sands of Kalutura...
The place where "space meets light", the Tangerine Beach Hotel is a heavenly fusion of modern and ancient elegant...
With the most strikingly beautiful of settings, amongst green coconut groves and facing the golden sands just at the...
Jetwing Beach Resort sits beside a beautiful sun kissed stretch of beach, just outside the coastal town of Negombo. The...
Vivanta by Taj Bentota is located on the southwest coast of Sri Lanka beside the golden mile beach at Bentota. Set on a...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka NewsBrowse all Sri Lanka News
The Sri Lankan capital of Colombo will soon have a new luxury property, the InterContinental Colombo. Scheduled to open in 2019, the new property will be centrally located on Colombo's Galle Road and is expected to be the tallest hotel tower in the city.
The luxurious Shangri-La Hotel, Colombo in Sri Lanka has announced the launch of its urban safari experiences. The unique bespoke experiences have been created to take guests off the beaten path, and include tuk-tuk rides through Colombo, gemstone sessions with a local expert, a tour of four Buddhist temples, and walking tours of the city at sunset.
The Movenpick Hotel Colombo in Sri Lanka has appointed a new General Manager. George Koumendakos has taken over the role at the luxury five-star hotel in Colombo city centre, and he brings more than 30 years of experience in the hospitality sector to the position. The hotel opened in January 2016 and has 219 guest rooms and suites, a spa, a rooftop bar, themed restaurant and an infinity pool.