Sue and Mark Fifield
Rated 4.3 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
Cuba Holiday (Tejadillo Hotel Havana + Blau Varadero)
We returned from Cuba on Monday 13th February and as we have not been invited to complete a satisfaction questionnaire we wanted to write to acknowledge our appreciation to The Holiday Place for facilitating us to have such an enjoyable holiday in Cuba. In particular we would like to mention: Alexandra, who was the consultant who advised us on our booking. After an initial review of availability on your website and checking out hotels on trip advisor, we spoke to Alexandra who suggested the two hotels that we eventually stayed in. From our relatively brief conversation she clearly understood our requirements and we very much enjoyed the Tejadillo Hotel in Havana and the Blau Varadero in Varadero. The only slight hiccup on arrival in Havana was the Tejadillo had appeared to have overbooked and ourselves and another couple were relocated for the first night to their sister hotel the San Miguel nearby. Otherwise, the location is perfect and enabled us to fully appreciate the atmosphere and all that Havana Vieja has to offer.
Our representative (Asi?) in Havana was also excellent. She kept the welcome meeting brief but conveyed all the information we needed. Her advice to take a trip on the day we were scheduled to transfer to Varadero was excellent as we had the benefit of an excursion we would probably not have taken and we arrived at our beach hotel earlier than we would otherwise have done without trailing around a lot of hotels. We were also impressed with the Blau Varadero, not for its aesthetic appearance, but could not fault the excellent facilities or friendly, professional service of the staff. We did not take any excursions so did not need to interact with the representative there much.
This was our first experience flying with Virgin and we were impressed with this also. We had been looking forward to our visit to Cuba for some time and had high expectations, which were met, if not exceeded. The Holiday Place contributed to this and we would certainly be happy to recommend THP to others and will consider THP when booking future holidays, especially as we would like to return to Cuba and explore the eastern side of the island. (We had been recommended to THP by friends, Mr and Mrs Bryan Goddard, who had travelled to Cuba in February 2011 for their honeymoon).
Sue and Mark Fifield
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Explore two different sides of Cuba with excellent range of facilities and entertainments
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling at Iberostar Tainos
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Nh Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Explore downtown Havana and enjoy a comfortable and relaxing stay in your legendary Havana Hotel
Expect luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for an adventure-filled break
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Experience the amazing beauty of Varadero during an unforgettable Cuban holiday
- Upgrade to Diamond Club from only £30pp and get an array of extra services including free golf
- Enjoy nightly entertainment and music with local musicians and the house band
- Discover a wide range of water sporting activities including wind surfing, sailing, diving and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate your body at this 24 hour All Inclusive resort
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems and stay at Blau Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you....
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
Experience the best that Cuba has to offer by choosing to stay at the Memories Flamenco Hotel in Cayo Coco. This all...
Enjoy a perfect beach setting while you unwind in the historic sands of the all-inclusive Memories Holguin. A short...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT