Rated 4.9 of 5
Holidays in Cuba
One Very Happy Client
just back from Cuba after 3 nights in Havana and 7 nights in the Blau Varadero. Fantastic. I think the 3 nights in Havana is a good idea as it gives you time to recover from the long Cubana flight (delayed) via Holquin and without the need to do a long transfer upon arrival. It takes a day to recover, so you really are only at full steam by the second day. We did the City Tour in Vintage Cars..... absolutely brillant. Five hours, just long enough and with no meals included, just pure sightseeing with a excellent Cubanacan guide called Moira (for short).
They we transferred to the Blau in Varadero. This hotel may not have the best food in the world but I rank it as one of the best hotels I ever stayed in due to the relaxed atmosphere. The staff at the Blau are superb, both friendly and efficient. Great beach. Did the swimming with Dolphins, 45 minutes in the water with them, not some Disney rip off in Florida. This was the highlight of the holiday for my son.
Tour operators are all good as long as things go according to plan. But as we got to the top of the checkin for the Cubana flight back home we were informed that there was a problem. Not enough seats for all!!! Eventually it was made clear that there 9 would need to stay behind.
"Your Man in Havana"
I would like to say that Ernesto did trojan work in trying to resolve a very difficult situation that was not created by his doing or that of Holiday Place. This man was brilliant! He organised taxis to take us to the Melia Cohiba 5 star hotel, put us into deluxe rooms (3 doubles and 3 singles). My son thought he was in paradise, his own room in a 5 star. The next morning George met us with our tickets home. Our route home was with Air France (fantastic) via Paris to Dublin. As our original tickets with Cubana were to London, I felt Ernesto had gone far above his obligations by insisting with Cubana that we get back to Dublin rather than Paris - London. A Holiday Place rep met us at the Cohiba to ensure a smooth taxi pickup on 5.30pm. When we got to the airport George was in the checkin queue to ensure we our place at the front. We then left Havana on time with a super airline, landed early in Paris and was home a few hours later in Dublin.
I must be honest and say we three got the best deal of any one coming home on CU400.I would like it brought to the attention of your MD the efforts that both Ernesto and George went to to resolve this problem. Using Cubana does not make their life easy.
From the moment I booked with yourself (who by the way, was most professional and polite) I had a great experience with Holiday Place. Thank you all for a holiday my son will never forget and the flight problems turned out to be the icing on the cake. We will talk about it for many years to come.
Would I recommend Holiday Place ? Absolutely!
Would I use Holiday Place again ? Absolutely!
Many thanks to all the staff at Holiday Place (especially "your man in Havana")
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Experience the amazing beauty of Varadero during an unforgettable Cuban holiday
- Upgrade to Diamond Club from only £30pp and get an array of extra services including free golf
- Enjoy nightly entertainment and music with local musicians and the house band
- Discover a wide range of water sporting activities including wind surfing, sailing, diving and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate your body at this 24 hour All Inclusive resort
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems and stay at Blau Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you....
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
Enjoy a perfect beach setting while you unwind in the historic sands of the all-inclusive Memories Holguin. A short...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT