The Wondering WandererRead MJ's Articles
Born in Rio de Janeiro, MJ must have been under a month old upon boarding her very first flight. Travelling became a part of her life from a very early age, which just grew stronger and stronger after graduating from high school and moving to Vancouver, Canada, where she went to University and where her backpacking history kicked off.
During the 11 years spent in Canada, MJ traveled extensively, and from 2006 onward, started documenting her experiences through travel writing, as a form of sharing the world as she saw it, to those who wanted to see it.
Her insightful personal observations from experiencing life in its most authentic form, through focusing in engaging in social interaction with locals as often as possible, along with a never ending analysys of cultural and human behaviour differences around the world, has gained her a fair number of fans, that follow her along as she continues on moving around as often as she can. MJ aims to inspire people to travel more, and if possible, getting out of their comfort zone, and opening themselves to the world and some of its hidden gems, not easily found through the more conventional forms of travelling.
MJ is a big fan of local markets and cultural manifestations, such as traditional live music and dance acts, and religious rites.
If MJ is not picking her phone is probably because she is:
- Trekking in the Himalayas just before jumping off the mountain top, paragliding her way down.
- Gazing at the most incredible starry skies, while camping in Jordanian or Indian deserts or while boat hitch hiking in the Galapagos Islands.
- Trying her luck and putting her bargaining skills to the test in some of the most incredible middle eastern markets, mostly for social interaction's sake.
- Sharing a cup of tea with nomadic families in Iran's wilderness.
- Learning new magic tricks and songs with school children at a Palestinian refugee camp.
- Digging around for jazz clubs or traditional live music.
Or simply chatting away, anywhere in the globe, sharing her experiences and learning from whomever crosses her path, with whatever they have to share and enrich her life.
But do leave her a message after the beep, and if it happens to be an interesting one containing either a new song or a random interesting fact most people would find uninteresting, she might even send you a postcard, from wherever on earth she happens to be!