An appeal to help the beleaguered island of Barbuda rebuild in the wake of Hurricane Irma has been launched by luxury Caribbean hotel group Elite Island Resorts. The hotel management company, which runs several resorts on Barbuda’s sister island of Antigua, said it will match public donations of up to $100,000.
Jamaica has recorded a significant increase in tourists since the start of the year, according to the Jamaica Tourist Board. The organisation predicts 4.2 million international travellers visiting Jamaica by the end of the year, which will beat last year’s record of 3.84 million visitors. The number of cruise arrivals and tourism industry earnings have also increased this year.
Best Western Hotels and Resorts will open a new beachfront resort on the picturesque island of Phu Quoc in Vietnam, after signing a licence agreement with the CEO Group in Vietnam. The Best Western Premier Sonasea Phu Quoc resort will have 565 guest rooms and suites with views of the sea and beach, and is due to open its doors to holidaymakers in January 2019.
The Nicaraguan Tourist Board has revealed a new annual plan that is aimed at increasing the number of UK travellers to the Central American country. Tourism officials are planning trips to the UK this year, plus collaboration agreements with airlines and tour operators, and events showcasing high end products such as coffee, chocolate, cigars, and rum.
Hollywood actor Robert De Niro appeared at the UN last month to appeal for help on behalf of Caribbean island Barbuda, which has been completely levelled by Hurricane Irma. De Niro, who recently invested in a new resort on the island, has personally pledged to help in the recovery effort.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- $200 Resort Coupons to spend in the spa and on Romantic Dinners amongst other things
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...