The Caribbean is a favourite destination for global travellers who are seeking sunshine, sand, relaxation and tropical postcard-perfect views. Travel + Leisure magazine has listed five things to do in the Caribbean that will lure holidaymakers away from lazy days at the palm-lined beaches, and into the heart and soul of the diverse region and its vibrant island nations.
We're delighted to announce that world renowned chef, Terry French, is currently cooking up a storm in Tobago. His travels take him to far flung corners of the globe, and he's lucky enough to be staying at the boutique Bacolet Beach Club on the southern tip of the island. With its secluded beach, turquoise waters and restaurants bursting with soul it's the perfect location for this "Rebel Chef".
Following the recent elections, a new Tourism Minister has been appointed for the twin island nation of Trinidad and Tobago. Shamfa Cudjoe, originally from Tobago, has taken over the role that will involve developing initiatives to improve the local tourism industry and improve links between the two islands in the Caribbean.
Romain Virgo and Busy Signal have been added to the line-up for the 2015 Tobago Jazz Experience which takes place next month. The Jamaican dancehall stars will join world-class stars including Jenifer Hudson, Miguel, Kool and the Gang, Jill Scott, and David Rudder at the annual Tobago music festival.
A brand new boutique hotel has opened close to the ANR Robinson International Airport in Tobago in the Caribbean. Chic has 40 guest rooms, Tempo Restaurant, a luxury spa, a swimming pool called Flip Flops, and a large Calypso Ballroom. It's the first boutique property to open on the island for some time.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...