After suffering the harsh destructive winds of Hurricane Irma, the enchanting island of Puerto Rico is recovering from the damage and bouncing back to business. The destination is now officially open for tourism once more with over 100 hotels operating and San Juan Airport offering non-stop flight service.
Windstar Cruises has made its return to San Juan in Puerto Rico, following the aftermath of a series of hurricanes that hit the Caribbean region in September. The small-ship cruise line's first ship set sail to the Caribbean island last month to highlight that the country is once again open for business. The company's president also joined staff and passengers on the first sailing.
In spite of damage from Hurricane Maria, Puerto Rican travel officials say they are hopeful that tourists will return to the islands in December, the beginning of the high tourist season. Many of the island’s hotels remain closed, and hundreds of businesses are without power, but tourism officials are optimistic that the tourists, a major part of the country’s economy, will return this year.
Carnival Cruise Line has revealed that it has postpones all sailings of Carnival Fascination from San Juan in Puerto Rico, following the devastation caused by the recent series of hurricanes and storms. The cruise line announced that the vessel will be used to assist hurricane relief workers in the Caribbean and will be chartered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency. The cruise ship will resume its Caribbean holiday sailings from February 2018.
Aloft Hotels has announced that it will make its debut in the Caribbean with the launch of a new hotel in Puerto Rico. The luxury property will be located in the mixed-used development, The District, in the capital San Juan’s Miramar Convention Centre District. The hotel will have 175 loft-style guest rooms and is scheduled to open in the second half of 2019.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Located just 150 yards from the pretty seaside promenade in the popular resort of Qawra, the Hotel Santana is ideally...
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...