El San Juan Hotel in Puerto Rico has officially joined Curio – A Collection by Hilton. This is the hotel brand’s first property in Puerto Rico, and is reopened to guests last week following renovations. The oceanfront property has 388 guest rooms, and is one of the island’s most iconic hotels after becoming a favourite for celebrities since its opening in 1958.
Renovated El San Juan Hotel in Puerto Rico to be opened by Curio - A Collection by Hilton in February
Curio – A Collection by Hilton has revealed that its newest Caribbean property will open on 5th February, 2017. The refurbished El San Juan Hotel will launch on the island of Puerto Rico, and it will have 387 upgraded guest rooms and suites, plus facilities including a spa, modernised meeting spaces, a fitness centre, a new pool, new restaurants, and 22 new beach cabanas.
Norwegian Airlines will reinstated direct flights to Puerto Rico from London Gatwick from this month. The air carrier will offer twice-weekly flights to the Caribbean island, just in time for the high tourist season. Within nine hours, holidaymakers will be sunbathing on pristine beaches, swimming in the turquoise sea, and strolling around the Spanish colonial capital city of San Juan.
Puerto Rico Tourism Company recently launched a brand new route for nature lovers and visitors who wish to get to know more about the island’s ancestral culture. The new experience goes by the name of “La Ruta Taina” and passes through several interesting towns before arriving at the Caguana Indigenous Ceremonial Park in Utado. This tour takes travellers to stunning sceneries and shows them some of the islands traditional Taino customs.
The El San Juan Hotel & Casino in Puerto Rico has announced it will temporarily close its doors to undergo a complete renovation programme. The luxury hotel in the Isla Verde district of San Juan will upgrade its guest rooms, swimming pool area, nine restaurants, bars and spa facilities. The work has already started and is scheduled to be completed in early 2017.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...