Oman Air has commenced its first flights from the new Muscat International Airport. Oman’s national airline will be operating up to 200 flights a day from the new state-of-the-art terminal. The airport will now have the capacity to handle 12 million passengers per year, and it has a runway that can accommodate the Airbus A380, the world’s largest aircraft.
Muscat International Airport in Oman is preparing to open its new passenger terminal this month. The terminal will commence operations on 20th March, and it will have the space to accommodate large aircraft including the Airbus A380 and the Boeing 747. The huge building will have retail outlets, first class and business class lounges, and offices for airlines, car rental agencies, as well as a four-star hotel with 90 rooms and swimming pools.
Oman's tourism industry continues to grow, and the country is focused on developing that industry in a sustainable fashion. The country's Ministry of Tourism has signed the United Nations Agenda 2030 for sustainable tourism development. It has also signed an agreement with numerous businesses to encourage sustainable tourism.
Six Senses Zighy Bay in Oman has acquired its own fleet of Nissan Pathfinder SV 4WD Hybrid vehicles, which will be used to transport guests to the resort. The eco-vehicles will be used to take guests for excursions to Dibba town, the resort's own farm, off road trips to the Sabatyn plateau, and to the hotel's dining venue, Sense on the Edge which sits on the mountaintop.
Oman's elegant and blossoming capital will soon boast one of the most lavish hotel properties in the country. Upscale brand, AVANI Hotels & Resorts will be the one operating this new construction which will be situated in the residential area of Seeb and connect to the Al Araimi Boulevard Mall via sky bridge.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 30th Apr
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...
Centro Barsha combines style, warmth and convenience with a splash of elegant creativity to provide guests with more...