A brand new attraction for adrenaline lovers has just begun welcoming visitors in Oman's Jabal Al Akhdar Resort. The lavish hotel now offers the possibility of signing up for a unique mountain hike that includes 200 metres of "via ferrata", views of an amazing canyon below and two zip-lines for the ultimate rush. The extreme excursion is suitable for beginners and advanced climbers alike.
Oman Air has commenced its first flights from the new Muscat International Airport. Oman’s national airline will be operating up to 200 flights a day from the new state-of-the-art terminal. The airport will now have the capacity to handle 12 million passengers per year, and it has a runway that can accommodate the Airbus A380, the world’s largest aircraft.
Muscat International Airport in Oman is preparing to open its new passenger terminal this month. The terminal will commence operations on 20th March, and it will have the space to accommodate large aircraft including the Airbus A380 and the Boeing 747. The huge building will have retail outlets, first class and business class lounges, and offices for airlines, car rental agencies, as well as a four-star hotel with 90 rooms and swimming pools.
Oman's tourism industry continues to grow, and the country is focused on developing that industry in a sustainable fashion. The country's Ministry of Tourism has signed the United Nations Agenda 2030 for sustainable tourism development. It has also signed an agreement with numerous businesses to encourage sustainable tourism.
Six Senses Zighy Bay in Oman has acquired its own fleet of Nissan Pathfinder SV 4WD Hybrid vehicles, which will be used to transport guests to the resort. The eco-vehicles will be used to take guests for excursions to Dibba town, the resort's own farm, off road trips to the Sabatyn plateau, and to the hotel's dining venue, Sense on the Edge which sits on the mountaintop.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...