Nicaragua looks to spruce up its tourism sector as it launches a new advertising campaign that encourages visitors to take part in authentic trips and tours. Titled "I like you just as you are", the campaign is designed to lure all kinds of travellers and emphasises on the country's three key points: Nicaragua's fascinating culture, stunning nature and friendly people.
The Nicaraguan Tourist Board has revealed a new annual plan that is aimed at increasing the number of UK travellers to the Central American country. Tourism officials are planning trips to the UK this year, plus collaboration agreements with airlines and tour operators, and events showcasing high end products such as coffee, chocolate, cigars, and rum.
The brand new Costanera Del Pacific highway in Nicaragua is scheduled to open this month, linking the south and south of the nation’s Pacific coast and connecting to several main tourist areas. The 131-kilometre highway will make it easier for tourists to visit the popular destinations of San Juan del Sur, El Naranjo, Ostional and Masachapa, while boosting tourism to the country.
The Nekupe Sporting Resort and Retreat has opened its doors to guests in Nicaragua. Located in a 1,300-acre nature reserve, 30 minutes from the town of Granada, the luxury boutique hotel caters for active-outdoor-loving guests, and it has eight guest rooms, suites and villas, plus facilities including a hillside chapel, a yoga deck, a restaurant and the Nekupe Spa.
A taste for truly exciting and extreme activities is developing among holidaymakers throughout the globe. Supermarket Travel Agency recently published a list of the world’s wildest attractions, where it is clear to see that from bungee jumping into volcanoes to watching tornados, the quest for unique thrills gains more and more enthusiasts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...