The Nicaraguan Tourist Board has revealed a new annual plan that is aimed at increasing the number of UK travellers to the Central American country. Tourism officials are planning trips to the UK this year, plus collaboration agreements with airlines and tour operators, and events showcasing high end products such as coffee, chocolate, cigars, and rum.
The brand new Costanera Del Pacific highway in Nicaragua is scheduled to open this month, linking the south and south of the nation’s Pacific coast and connecting to several main tourist areas. The 131-kilometre highway will make it easier for tourists to visit the popular destinations of San Juan del Sur, El Naranjo, Ostional and Masachapa, while boosting tourism to the country.
The Nekupe Sporting Resort and Retreat has opened its doors to guests in Nicaragua. Located in a 1,300-acre nature reserve, 30 minutes from the town of Granada, the luxury boutique hotel caters for active-outdoor-loving guests, and it has eight guest rooms, suites and villas, plus facilities including a hillside chapel, a yoga deck, a restaurant and the Nekupe Spa.
A taste for truly exciting and extreme activities is developing among holidaymakers throughout the globe. Supermarket Travel Agency recently published a list of the world’s wildest attractions, where it is clear to see that from bungee jumping into volcanoes to watching tornados, the quest for unique thrills gains more and more enthusiasts.
Nicaragua is emerging as a hotspot in Central America with miles of coastline and unspoilt beaches, tropical forests, and all-year-round sunshine. The coastal town of San Juan del Sur on the Pacific Ocean side and is attracting travellers from afar. After months of travelling, one American couple have decided to make the laidback Sur Juan del Sur their new home.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...