Nicaragua looks to spruce up its tourism sector as it launches a new advertising campaign that encourages visitors to take part in authentic trips and tours. Titled "I like you just as you are", the campaign is designed to lure all kinds of travellers and emphasises on the country's three key points: Nicaragua's fascinating culture, stunning nature and friendly people.
The Nicaraguan Tourist Board has revealed a new annual plan that is aimed at increasing the number of UK travellers to the Central American country. Tourism officials are planning trips to the UK this year, plus collaboration agreements with airlines and tour operators, and events showcasing high end products such as coffee, chocolate, cigars, and rum.
The brand new Costanera Del Pacific highway in Nicaragua is scheduled to open this month, linking the south and south of the nation’s Pacific coast and connecting to several main tourist areas. The 131-kilometre highway will make it easier for tourists to visit the popular destinations of San Juan del Sur, El Naranjo, Ostional and Masachapa, while boosting tourism to the country.
The Nekupe Sporting Resort and Retreat has opened its doors to guests in Nicaragua. Located in a 1,300-acre nature reserve, 30 minutes from the town of Granada, the luxury boutique hotel caters for active-outdoor-loving guests, and it has eight guest rooms, suites and villas, plus facilities including a hillside chapel, a yoga deck, a restaurant and the Nekupe Spa.
A taste for truly exciting and extreme activities is developing among holidaymakers throughout the globe. Supermarket Travel Agency recently published a list of the world’s wildest attractions, where it is clear to see that from bungee jumping into volcanoes to watching tornados, the quest for unique thrills gains more and more enthusiasts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...