Casino Hotel Legend Palace opened its doors at the end of February in Macau Fisherman’s Wharf. Owned by Hong Kong-listed gambling operator Macau Legend Development, the new hotel in Macau has 223 upscale guest rooms and suites, as well as a casino with 66 live-dealer gaming tables, an outdoor swimming pool, a fitness centre, four restaurants, two bars, and a business centre.
Macao hosted its first ever International Film Festival earlier last month. The event spanned six days, and showcased the bests of Asian and International film, through premieres, screening, red carpet events, master classes, presentations, and a glamourous awards ceremony. There was also a premiere screening of a short film made by Macao film makers in partnership with the British Film Institute.
Just an hour’s ferry ride from Hong Kong, Macau is a paradox, equal parts European and Asian and old and new. A building boom since the island’s return to China in the 1990s has created a wide array of casinos and resorts, as well as numerous activities for travellers.
Wynn Resorts has announced the opening of Wynn Palace in Macau, following a six-year-long development project. Created by Steve Wynn, the colourful flora-themed resort has been inspired by nature and feature 1,706 lavish guest room and suites, as well as unique facilities including a Performance Lake, air-conditioned SkyCabs, a lavish spa with 22 treatment rooms, several international restaurants, and the vast Wynn Palace Esplanade with more than 50 retail stores.
The Parisian artist Dorothee Selz has been showcasing her unique art in the lobby of the Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16. The art exhibition featured the "Edible Sculpture" last month, a colourful 2.3 meter-high dragon-like sculpture made out of sweets, fresh and dried fruit, and bamboo skewers that represented the culture integration in Macau.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...