Macao hosted its first ever International Film Festival earlier last month. The event spanned six days, and showcased the bests of Asian and International film, through premieres, screening, red carpet events, master classes, presentations, and a glamourous awards ceremony. There was also a premiere screening of a short film made by Macao film makers in partnership with the British Film Institute.
Just an hour’s ferry ride from Hong Kong, Macau is a paradox, equal parts European and Asian and old and new. A building boom since the island’s return to China in the 1990s has created a wide array of casinos and resorts, as well as numerous activities for travellers.
Wynn Resorts has announced the opening of Wynn Palace in Macau, following a six-year-long development project. Created by Steve Wynn, the colourful flora-themed resort has been inspired by nature and feature 1,706 lavish guest room and suites, as well as unique facilities including a Performance Lake, air-conditioned SkyCabs, a lavish spa with 22 treatment rooms, several international restaurants, and the vast Wynn Palace Esplanade with more than 50 retail stores.
The Parisian artist Dorothee Selz has been showcasing her unique art in the lobby of the Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16. The art exhibition featured the "Edible Sculpture" last month, a colourful 2.3 meter-high dragon-like sculpture made out of sweets, fresh and dried fruit, and bamboo skewers that represented the culture integration in Macau.
The Sheraton Macao Hotel Cotai Central will now be called the Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel Cotai Central, after it earned premium-tier 'Grand' status. The property has 3,896 guest rooms and suites, and joins four other Sheraton grand hotels in China, and just 17 other Sheraton Grand properties around the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...