Casino Hotel Legend Palace opened its doors at the end of February in Macau Fisherman’s Wharf. Owned by Hong Kong-listed gambling operator Macau Legend Development, the new hotel in Macau has 223 upscale guest rooms and suites, as well as a casino with 66 live-dealer gaming tables, an outdoor swimming pool, a fitness centre, four restaurants, two bars, and a business centre.
Macao hosted its first ever International Film Festival earlier last month. The event spanned six days, and showcased the bests of Asian and International film, through premieres, screening, red carpet events, master classes, presentations, and a glamourous awards ceremony. There was also a premiere screening of a short film made by Macao film makers in partnership with the British Film Institute.
Just an hour’s ferry ride from Hong Kong, Macau is a paradox, equal parts European and Asian and old and new. A building boom since the island’s return to China in the 1990s has created a wide array of casinos and resorts, as well as numerous activities for travellers.
Wynn Resorts has announced the opening of Wynn Palace in Macau, following a six-year-long development project. Created by Steve Wynn, the colourful flora-themed resort has been inspired by nature and feature 1,706 lavish guest room and suites, as well as unique facilities including a Performance Lake, air-conditioned SkyCabs, a lavish spa with 22 treatment rooms, several international restaurants, and the vast Wynn Palace Esplanade with more than 50 retail stores.
The Parisian artist Dorothee Selz has been showcasing her unique art in the lobby of the Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16. The art exhibition featured the "Edible Sculpture" last month, a colourful 2.3 meter-high dragon-like sculpture made out of sweets, fresh and dried fruit, and bamboo skewers that represented the culture integration in Macau.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...