An innovative new museum was recently unveiled in the Maldives. British artist Jason deCaires Taylor has created an underwater sculpture gallery which is located on Shaviayani Atoll. The submerged gallery will also function as a marine sanctuary.
The number of UK travellers who visited the Maldives in the first six months of 2018 increased by 11.2 percent compared to the same period in 2017. More than 57,500 travellers from the UK visited the tropical archipelago nation between January and June this year, and the UK is the third-largest inbound market for visitors globally, after China and Germany.
A new luxury resort is set to open on a private island of the Maldives' Raa Atoll this December 2018. The Faarufushi resort will have bungalows right on a white sand beach as well as villas with plunge pools positioned over the island's blue lagoon and will feature a crescent-shaped overwater restaurant and bar.
A trip to the Maldives is always a good idea, but the new five-star Grand Park Kodhipparu Resort makes it an even more tempting destination. The island resort consists of 120 luxury beachfront pool villas, each with incredible views and luxury amenities.
Private island resort Shangri-La Villingili Maldives is offering a special programme for the festive season 2018 culminating in a retro 1970s party and open-air concert from internationally-acclaimed ABBA tribute act BABBA inspired by the release of musical movie Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...