The Jordanian resort town of Aqaba beside the Red Sea is now more accessible to travellers than ever as airline Royal Jordanian have added prompt same-day connecting flights from the country’s capital Amman down to Aqaba that includes free carriage of scuba diving gear.
The Jordan Tourism Board has revealed that the number of daily Indian travellers visiting Jordan declined in 2016. Figures show that daily numbers from India were down by 4.5 per cent, which indicated that travellers were staying overnight rather than just visiting the sites and attractions for the day. Overnight visitors increased by 18.4 per cent.
The Jordan Trail winds through some of the most historically significant land in the Middle East, as well as some of the most beautiful. The 650-kilometre trail opened earlier this year, and tourism officials hope that the trail will be an economic boon to the 52 villages situated along the trail.
Comprising sandstone and granite rock formations, the Wadi Rum desert in Jordan is the closest place to Mars (at least in appearance) on Earth. After designing the set for 2015 Oscar-winning film “The Martian”, Freedomes created smaller versions of this domed habitat and now travellers can visit for an experience that is out of this world.
A rare natural gem not many know about, the Shaumari Wildlife Reserve is one of Jordan's most surprising eco-attractions; a protected home and breeding ground to some of the rarest animal species to be found in the Middle East. Comprising desert wadis as well as rocky hamada areas, not only are the landscapes here worthy of admiration, but the biodiversity supported means a visit to this reserve is a must for nature and wildlife lovers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- $200 Resort Coupons to spend in the spa and on Romantic Dinners amongst other things
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...