Despite the terrible consequences of the April earthquake that caused the death of over 410 people, Ecuador is not only picking itself up itself and dusting off the ashes with remarkable resilience, but most of its unaffected areas remain also its most attractive and keep drawing increasing numbers of tourism. Read on to find out why and how.
After being nominated 31 times in 22 categories of the World Travel Awards, Ecuador won eight awards at the recent South America Gala Ceremony. At a ceremony held at the Swissotel Lima in Peru, the western South American country was named as the Greenest Destination in South America, and its capital Quito was named as South America's Leading Destination.
For the fourth consecutive year Quito, Ecuador has been crowned the best holiday destination in Latin America at the 2016 World Travel Awards Latin America. Ecuador's capital city took the top spot over a number of popular holiday destinations including Galapagos Islands, Lima and Sao Paulo.
The capital of Ecuador, Quito, is home to an array of beautiful historic churches, cathedrals and monasteries, and its architectural delights have earned the city one of the first ever places on the coveted list of UNESCO World Heritage sites. Influenced by the Spanish, Roman, and Baroque, the city's ancient churches feature gilded walls, gargoyles, and ornate wooden doors.
An article in the Smithsonian magazine highlights the rich ecosystem in the Ecuador's Yasuni National Park. Home to countless species of birds, plants, mammals and other wildlife, Yasuni is the ideal spot for holidaymakers interested in eco-friendly holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...