Despite the terrible consequences of the April earthquake that caused the death of over 410 people, Ecuador is not only picking itself up itself and dusting off the ashes with remarkable resilience, but most of its unaffected areas remain also its most attractive and keep drawing increasing numbers of tourism. Read on to find out why and how.
After being nominated 31 times in 22 categories of the World Travel Awards, Ecuador won eight awards at the recent South America Gala Ceremony. At a ceremony held at the Swissotel Lima in Peru, the western South American country was named as the Greenest Destination in South America, and its capital Quito was named as South America's Leading Destination.
For the fourth consecutive year Quito, Ecuador has been crowned the best holiday destination in Latin America at the 2016 World Travel Awards Latin America. Ecuador's capital city took the top spot over a number of popular holiday destinations including Galapagos Islands, Lima and Sao Paulo.
The capital of Ecuador, Quito, is home to an array of beautiful historic churches, cathedrals and monasteries, and its architectural delights have earned the city one of the first ever places on the coveted list of UNESCO World Heritage sites. Influenced by the Spanish, Roman, and Baroque, the city's ancient churches feature gilded walls, gargoyles, and ornate wooden doors.
An article in the Smithsonian magazine highlights the rich ecosystem in the Ecuador's Yasuni National Park. Home to countless species of birds, plants, mammals and other wildlife, Yasuni is the ideal spot for holidaymakers interested in eco-friendly holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
The Topaz Hotel is perfect for those who want to explore St Paul's bay and Malta's rugged countryside. Affordable and...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...