Despite the terrible consequences of the April earthquake that caused the death of over 410 people, Ecuador is not only picking itself up itself and dusting off the ashes with remarkable resilience, but most of its unaffected areas remain also its most attractive and keep drawing increasing numbers of tourism. Read on to find out why and how.
After being nominated 31 times in 22 categories of the World Travel Awards, Ecuador won eight awards at the recent South America Gala Ceremony. At a ceremony held at the Swissotel Lima in Peru, the western South American country was named as the Greenest Destination in South America, and its capital Quito was named as South America's Leading Destination.
For the fourth consecutive year Quito, Ecuador has been crowned the best holiday destination in Latin America at the 2016 World Travel Awards Latin America. Ecuador's capital city took the top spot over a number of popular holiday destinations including Galapagos Islands, Lima and Sao Paulo.
The capital of Ecuador, Quito, is home to an array of beautiful historic churches, cathedrals and monasteries, and its architectural delights have earned the city one of the first ever places on the coveted list of UNESCO World Heritage sites. Influenced by the Spanish, Roman, and Baroque, the city's ancient churches feature gilded walls, gargoyles, and ornate wooden doors.
An article in the Smithsonian magazine highlights the rich ecosystem in the Ecuador's Yasuni National Park. Home to countless species of birds, plants, mammals and other wildlife, Yasuni is the ideal spot for holidaymakers interested in eco-friendly holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...