Despite the terrible consequences of the April earthquake that caused the death of over 410 people, Ecuador is not only picking itself up itself and dusting off the ashes with remarkable resilience, but most of its unaffected areas remain also its most attractive and keep drawing increasing numbers of tourism. Read on to find out why and how.
After being nominated 31 times in 22 categories of the World Travel Awards, Ecuador won eight awards at the recent South America Gala Ceremony. At a ceremony held at the Swissotel Lima in Peru, the western South American country was named as the Greenest Destination in South America, and its capital Quito was named as South America's Leading Destination.
For the fourth consecutive year Quito, Ecuador has been crowned the best holiday destination in Latin America at the 2016 World Travel Awards Latin America. Ecuador's capital city took the top spot over a number of popular holiday destinations including Galapagos Islands, Lima and Sao Paulo.
The capital of Ecuador, Quito, is home to an array of beautiful historic churches, cathedrals and monasteries, and its architectural delights have earned the city one of the first ever places on the coveted list of UNESCO World Heritage sites. Influenced by the Spanish, Roman, and Baroque, the city's ancient churches feature gilded walls, gargoyles, and ornate wooden doors.
An article in the Smithsonian magazine highlights the rich ecosystem in the Ecuador's Yasuni National Park. Home to countless species of birds, plants, mammals and other wildlife, Yasuni is the ideal spot for holidaymakers interested in eco-friendly holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...