The Dominican Republic, which has seen a surge in tourism in recent years, hopes to bring 10 million tourists to the country in the near future. Over the last 10 years, the country has seen a more than 50% increase in the number of tourists. Most of this growth is confined to the country’s resort areas, but the capital, Santo Domingo, is undergoing a massive restoration project in a bid to attract tourists.
The Dominican Republic is a popular holiday destination for families, couples and friends, and now the celebrities seem to be flocking to one of the country's most luxurious resorts for some sunshine and relaxation. Jennifer Lopez and Drake have separately stayed at the Casa de Campo Resort and Villas in La Romana; a 7,000-acre hotel that has previously attracted the like of Beyonce, Jay Z and Rihanna.
Hard Rock Hotels and Resorts has revealed a new addition to the line-up of performances at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic this year. Grammy Award winning band Maroon 5 will perform at a concert in September, 2017 at the luxury resort which recently hosted a performance from Sting, the rock-singing front man of the group The Police.
A brand new tourism hub is planned for the Dominican Republic which is set to rival the country’s popular Punta Cana and Puerto Plata destinations. Bahia de las Aguilas (Bay of the Eagles) on the southwester coast of the Caribbean nation boasts a pristine eight-kilometre-long beach, and has been put on the radar of a number of hospitality companies.
Royalton Resorts has broken ground on its newest hotel in the Dominican Republic in the Caribbean. The ground-breaking ceremony for the new Royalton Bavaro was attended by President Danilo Medino and executives from Blue Diamond Resorts, the owners of the hotel group. The beachfront resort is scheduled to open in Punta Cana in the 2017/2018 winter season.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...