A new luxury eco-boutique hotel has opened in the mountain town of Jarabacoa in the Dominican Republic. The Hotel Carmen is owned by the Hostales de Montaña, and it has 16 mountain-style wooden huts with a total of 24 guest rooms. Guests will also have access to facilities at the nearby Jarabacoa Country Club, such as a swimming pool, tennis court and a restaurant.
The first Yoo-branded property will be launched in the Caribbean by the Latin American construction company Grupo Zagalo. Yoo Santo Domingo will be a 121-unit condo-hotel that will open in the capital of the Dominican Republic in late 2019. The 14-storey building will be located close to the high end Blue Mall shopping centre with its Cartier, Louis Vuitton, Bvlgari stores.
Punta Cana International Airport recently announced plans for the addition of a swimming pool in a new VIP lounge. Travellers waiting to fly out of the Dominican Republican from Punta Cana will have the ability to take a swim or lounge by the pool, which will be located a short distance from the runway. The new pool will open in December.
The Casas del XVI hotel in Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic has expanded its portfolio with the opening of the new Casa Antilliana hotel. The property features a combination of old world and modern design, and it has 16 guest rooms with butler and concierge service. The hotel joins the Casas del XVI collection of restored 16th-century homes in the Colonial Zone, each featuring a different theme.
The Dominican Republic, which has seen a surge in tourism in recent years, hopes to bring 10 million tourists to the country in the near future. Over the last 10 years, the country has seen a more than 50% increase in the number of tourists. Most of this growth is confined to the country’s resort areas, but the capital, Santo Domingo, is undergoing a massive restoration project in a bid to attract tourists.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- $200 Resort Coupons to spend in the spa and on Romantic Dinners amongst other things
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...