Tourism officials in the Dominican Republic are thinking over plans to construct a new cruise port to keep up with the demand of cruise passengers. Officials say that the port will be located in the city of Boca Chica, and will be the country's fifth cruise facility. Boca Chica sits east of Santo Domingo and is home to white sand beaches and the La Matica island.
Emotions All-Inclusive Resorts by Hodelpa in Juan Dolio and Playa Dorada added to Ascend Hotel Collection in Dominican Republic
Ascend Hotel Collection by Choice Hotels International has added two new Caribbean properties to its portfolio. The Emotions All-Inclusive Resorts by Hodelpa, in Juan Dolio and Playa Dorada in the Dominican Republic both offer an all-inclusive experience and a beachfront setting, as well as upscale facilities including outdoor pools, chic bars and gourmet restaurants.
Popular holiday spot Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic is now home to new five-star resort the Blue Bay Grand Punta Cana. The hotel is the Blue Bay brand’s third hotel in the Caribbean country and features 156 luxurious suites directly on the beach front, as well as two swimming pools and a range of dining outlets.
The tourism industry in the Dominican Republic looks set for another record-breaking year, according to recent figures from the country's Deputy Minister of Tourism. Fausto Fernandez said that visitor arrivals in the first four months of 2018 have increased by 7.7 percent compared to the same period in 2017. Last year, the Caribbean nation received a record 6.18 million visitors, which was a growth of 3.9 percent compared to 2016.
Santo Domingo to be transformed into the capital of the Caribbean with new hotels, museums and activities
The capital of the Dominican Republic and the country's only UNESCO World Heritage Site is to soon benefit from a massive investment and development project that aims to exploit the city's potential and attract more tourism. Plans include the additions of new hotels and museums as well as the creation of new, educational cultural immersions and recreational options.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...