Despite its turbulent beginning, the Baha Mar resort in the Bahamas is due to open in April, 2017. According to the island nation’s Prime Minister, Perry Christie, the $3.5 billion resort will launch its first phase with the partial opening of a casino hotel that will be operated by Hyatt Hotels, and will have 1,800 guest rooms and suites. The rest of the development will be opened in further stages in 2017.
Bob Marley might have been one of the most famous Jamaicans that ever lived but the Bahamas has also been a special part of his family’s life. The family had an eight-bedroom family home in a former governor’s mansion on the north side of the island, which has now been transformed into a luxury boutique resort and spa for holidaymakers by Bob Marley’s wife.
After closing for two months to make renovations following Hurricane Matthew, Grand Bahama’s Old Bahama Bay Resort and Yacht Harbour is scheduled to reopen on December 19. The resort suffered only slight damage in the hurricane, but used the down time to make refurbishments and to build a shopping deck that will feature local vendors.
The Bahamas was awarded the title of "Leading Luxury Destination of the Caribbean” at the prestigious World Travel Awards Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony 2016. The tropical archipelago nation scooped the award for the second year in a row at the glamorous regional ceremony which was held last month at the Sandals Ochi Beach Resort in Jamaica.
Following the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew, Sandals Resorts International has announced that the re-opening of Sandals Royal Bahamian will be postponed until 25th October, 2016. The hotel in Nassau was scheduled to open on 14th October, but damage from the hurricane has added extra work. Sandals Emerald Bay in Exuma was also damaged and will remain closed until 15th December, 2016.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...