New direct flights between London Heathrow and the Caribbean island of Barbados will commence for the first time this winter with Virgin Atlantic. Services to the popular holiday destination currently only fly from Gatwick airport.
Ground has been broken on the expansion of the Dover Beach project in Barbados by Sandals Resorts International. The construction of "Sandals Barbados Phase II" is scheduled to be completed by November, 2017, and will include the addition of 222 guest rooms and suites, seven new swimming pools, five restaurants, a spa and wellness sanctuary, and an entertainment centre.
The Caribbean Tourism Organisation has revealed that Barbados recorded a 6.7 per cent increase in international visitors in 2016, compared to 2015. The Barbados Statistical Service reported that the Caribbean island received 631,513 stay-over visitors between January and December last year, and there was an increase of arrivals every month of the year except for April.
Sandals Resorts International is planning to bring more rooms to Barbados as part of an expansion plan at the Sandals Barbados Dover Beach hotel on the south coast. The Caribbean hotel group will add 222 rooms to the property, bringing the total to 502, as well as new swimming pools and an entertainment pavilion with a main stage. The new additions will also bring 900 jobs to the local area.
Prince Harry is set to return to the island of Barbados as part of a seven-leg Caribbean tour this autumn. The Royal will plan his trip in line with the 50th Anniversary of Independence for Barbados, and he will return to the tropical island where he danced calypso on stage during a charity concert and met dignitaries and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho in January, 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Sun-seekers will love this deal transporting you to the golden beaches of Phuket
- 3 free-form swimming pools to choose from
- Take advantage of the swim up bar
- Complimentary shuttle service to Ya Nui Beach, Nai harn Beach and Kata Beach
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
The Topaz Hotel is perfect for those who want to explore St Paul's bay and Malta's rugged countryside. Affordable and...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...