The long-anticipated redevelopment of one of the Caribbean's most lauded beaches is well underway with the appointment of a hotel management company and a date set for the opening of the new Rosewood Half Moon Bay Antigua in 2021.
This year's Antigua 360 is planned for February 16. The event is the third of its kind and is a precursor to the RORC Caribbean 600 offshore classic. The Antigua 360 was conceived by Stan Pearson and fellow sailors and in the years since the inaugural event, it has become one of the premier sailing events in the Caribbean.
A new beach bar has opened in south-west Antigua, attached to St Mary's Court Best Western Premier Hotel, which is under construction and due to debut next summer 2018. The unique Rum Bus Beach is themed around an imported London routemaster bus, and is also the official bar of the Caribbean's iconic Mount Gay rum brand.
The cruise industry in Antigua and Barbuda is thriving, according to recent figures from the nation's tourism ministry. An anticipated 459,138 cruise passengers are expected to visit the twin island nation between October and December this year. More than 220 cruise ship calls will be made during this period, including 12 new cruises from ships that have never visited the Caribbean country.
The Caribbean island of Antigua is open for business following the devastating Hurricane Irma earlier this month. Many of the island nation’s attractions, activities, restaurants and hotels have reopened to the public, and many more will reopen over the next couple of months before the peak winter season begins. The island’s airport and cruise berths have also re-opened to travellers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...
Centro Barsha combines style, warmth and convenience with a splash of elegant creativity to provide guests with more...