The Mastercard Global Destination Cities Index for 2016 was recently released. The Index revealed that Abu Dhabi is the fastest-growing city in the Middle East and Africa, with a projected increase of 4.5 percent in visitor figures. The city came out ahead of other leading Middle Eastern cities Riyadh, Tehran, and Dubai.
The Louvre Abu Dhabi is scheduled to finally open its doors to the public this November, after several years of delays. The museum city has been designed by Pritzker Prize winning French architect Jean Nouvel and is located beneath a huge dome structure. The museum will be the first in the Arab region to focus on its civilisations and culture through shared human stories, and it will have a programme of events and performances.
Yas Waterworld in Abu Dhabi has added a number of unique illuminating experiences to its summer offerings. During Yas Waterworld Neon Nights on Fridays, holidaymakers can enjoy extended opening hours, music and light performances, live DJ sets at Amwaj Wave Pool, and glow in the dark drinks and food. The water park is one of the emirate’s most popular attractions and caters for visitors of all ages.
Abu Dhabi is expecting to receive more than 300,000 passengers on cruise ships during the upcoming 2017/ 2018 cruise season. The emirate is expecting 148 port calls from 18 ships across 15 cruise lines throughout this period. The numbers are an eight per cent increase in ship calls compared to the record-breaking 2016/2017 season. Abu Dhabi is looking to attract 450,000 cruise passengers by 2020.
Abu Dhabi recorded nearly two million hotel guests between January and may this year, according to new figures released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority. The capital emirate welcomed more than 600,000 domestic visitors to its hotels and apartments, and the largest international source market was China with 160,902 hotel visitors so far this year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...