Abu Dhabi International Airport recorded an increase in passengers in January, 2017 with more than 2.2 million international visitors passing through the facility in the United Arab Emirates. The airport traffic figures were up by 2.6 per cent compared to the same month in 2016, and the majority of passengers originated from India and the United Kingdom.
Marriott International will launch its second Marriott-branded hotel in Abu Dhabi next week. The Marriott Hotel Al Forsan will open its doors this February, 2017, and will cater for families and corporate groups. The new hotel has 400 guest rooms and suites, plus facilities including several restaurants with outside terraces, a 50-metre swimming pool with Splash bar, a kids area, a fitness centre, and a spa.
Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture announced that the country saw an eight per cent increase in tourists in 2016. Nearly 4.5 million tourists checked into Abu Dhabi hotels last year, a significant increase over the prior year. Among international visitors to Abu Dhabi, the UK contributed the third largest number of guests.
Abu Dhabi is planning to build a brand new SeaWorld theme park that will focus on engaging, educating and inspiring visitors. The marine life theme park will be the first centre in the United Arab Emirates dedicates to marine research, conservation, rescue and rehabilitation. There will be a huge aquarium, attractions, facilities, and it will be the first new SeaWorld without Orca whales.
Marriott Hotels International has celebrated the opening of the Marriott Hotel and Marriott Executive Apartments Downtown Abu Dhabi with a special opening ceremony. The hotel’s Grand Ballroom accommodated more than 400 guests for live music and entertainment, and visitors were invited to look around the property’s 317 guest rooms and suites, and facilities that include gourmet restaurants, the Saray Spa & Health Club and a rooftop swimming pool.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Sun-seekers will love this deal transporting you to the golden beaches of Phuket
- 3 free-form swimming pools to choose from
- Take advantage of the swim up bar
- Complimentary shuttle service to Ya Nui Beach, Nai harn Beach and Kata Beach
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
The Topaz Hotel is perfect for those who want to explore St Paul's bay and Malta's rugged countryside. Affordable and...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...