Caribbean holidays boosted by cheap flights
Low-cost airlines might soon give a helping hand to Caribbean holiday destinations by offering travellers to the Caribbean cheaper flights in order to kick off the recession gloom affecting tourism in the Caribbean
Caribbean tourism may receive the boost it needs to climb out of the recession as low-cost airlines express their interest to provide more flights to the region for travellers looking to book Caribbean holidays.
Up until now, the majority of flights taking people on Cuba holidays, Antigua, holidays, Jamaica holidays, Bahamas holidays, and Caribbean holidays have been provided by the main airlines available from main cities in countries.
However, a new schedule of seasonal flights has been introduced by WestJet providing cheap flights to the Caribbean from Canada to Barbados, the Dominican Republic, St. Lucia, Cuba, Jamaica, and many more. AirTran and Jet Blue are also due to get onboard and introduce a new schedule of flights to help tourists escape the colder weather for sunshine and relaxation in the Caribbean. The cheaper carriers include Costa Rica, Cancun, Columbia, Aruba, Barbados and Puerto Rico on their list of destinations.
The introduction of the new series of cheap flights to the Caribbean could give the region the tourism boost it needs after suffering during these economic turbulent times. With hotel occupancy levels down, projects on hold, and jobs lost after the region saw a significant drop in tourist numbers, the opportunity to attract more visitors to the region is too good to turn down.
As well as airlines benefiting, hotels and hospitality businesses in the region will profit from the influx of higher numbers of tourists to the region taking Caribbean holidays, which will be a positive turnaround from the financial downfall of the last year. Tourists will also be offered more options for when they can travel and will welcome cheaper flights or Caribbean holiday package deals.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...