Caribbean holidays boosted by cheap flights
Low-cost airlines might soon give a helping hand to Caribbean holiday destinations by offering travellers to the Caribbean cheaper flights in order to kick off the recession gloom affecting tourism in the Caribbean
Caribbean tourism may receive the boost it needs to climb out of the recession as low-cost airlines express their interest to provide more flights to the region for travellers looking to book Caribbean holidays.
Up until now, the majority of flights taking people on Cuba holidays, Antigua, holidays, Jamaica holidays, Bahamas holidays, and Caribbean holidays have been provided by the main airlines available from main cities in countries.
However, a new schedule of seasonal flights has been introduced by WestJet providing cheap flights to the Caribbean from Canada to Barbados, the Dominican Republic, St. Lucia, Cuba, Jamaica, and many more. AirTran and Jet Blue are also due to get onboard and introduce a new schedule of flights to help tourists escape the colder weather for sunshine and relaxation in the Caribbean. The cheaper carriers include Costa Rica, Cancun, Columbia, Aruba, Barbados and Puerto Rico on their list of destinations.
The introduction of the new series of cheap flights to the Caribbean could give the region the tourism boost it needs after suffering during these economic turbulent times. With hotel occupancy levels down, projects on hold, and jobs lost after the region saw a significant drop in tourist numbers, the opportunity to attract more visitors to the region is too good to turn down.
As well as airlines benefiting, hotels and hospitality businesses in the region will profit from the influx of higher numbers of tourists to the region taking Caribbean holidays, which will be a positive turnaround from the financial downfall of the last year. Tourists will also be offered more options for when they can travel and will welcome cheaper flights or Caribbean holiday package deals.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...