Caribbean holidays boosted by cheap flights
Low-cost airlines might soon give a helping hand to Caribbean holiday destinations by offering travellers to the Caribbean cheaper flights in order to kick off the recession gloom affecting tourism in the Caribbean
Caribbean tourism may receive the boost it needs to climb out of the recession as low-cost airlines express their interest to provide more flights to the region for travellers looking to book Caribbean holidays.
Up until now, the majority of flights taking people on Cuba holidays, Antigua, holidays, Jamaica holidays, Bahamas holidays, and Caribbean holidays have been provided by the main airlines available from main cities in countries.
However, a new schedule of seasonal flights has been introduced by WestJet providing cheap flights to the Caribbean from Canada to Barbados, the Dominican Republic, St. Lucia, Cuba, Jamaica, and many more. AirTran and Jet Blue are also due to get onboard and introduce a new schedule of flights to help tourists escape the colder weather for sunshine and relaxation in the Caribbean. The cheaper carriers include Costa Rica, Cancun, Columbia, Aruba, Barbados and Puerto Rico on their list of destinations.
The introduction of the new series of cheap flights to the Caribbean could give the region the tourism boost it needs after suffering during these economic turbulent times. With hotel occupancy levels down, projects on hold, and jobs lost after the region saw a significant drop in tourist numbers, the opportunity to attract more visitors to the region is too good to turn down.
As well as airlines benefiting, hotels and hospitality businesses in the region will profit from the influx of higher numbers of tourists to the region taking Caribbean holidays, which will be a positive turnaround from the financial downfall of the last year. Tourists will also be offered more options for when they can travel and will welcome cheaper flights or Caribbean holiday package deals.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- The perfect 5* multi centre - mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury adults-only all-suite hotel Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Havana has to offer
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...