Caribbean holidays boosted by cheap flights
Low-cost airlines might soon give a helping hand to Caribbean holiday destinations by offering travellers to the Caribbean cheaper flights in order to kick off the recession gloom affecting tourism in the Caribbean
Caribbean tourism may receive the boost it needs to climb out of the recession as low-cost airlines express their interest to provide more flights to the region for travellers looking to book Caribbean holidays.
Up until now, the majority of flights taking people on Cuba holidays, Antigua, holidays, Jamaica holidays, Bahamas holidays, and Caribbean holidays have been provided by the main airlines available from main cities in countries.
However, a new schedule of seasonal flights has been introduced by WestJet providing cheap flights to the Caribbean from Canada to Barbados, the Dominican Republic, St. Lucia, Cuba, Jamaica, and many more. AirTran and Jet Blue are also due to get onboard and introduce a new schedule of flights to help tourists escape the colder weather for sunshine and relaxation in the Caribbean. The cheaper carriers include Costa Rica, Cancun, Columbia, Aruba, Barbados and Puerto Rico on their list of destinations.
The introduction of the new series of cheap flights to the Caribbean could give the region the tourism boost it needs after suffering during these economic turbulent times. With hotel occupancy levels down, projects on hold, and jobs lost after the region saw a significant drop in tourist numbers, the opportunity to attract more visitors to the region is too good to turn down.
As well as airlines benefiting, hotels and hospitality businesses in the region will profit from the influx of higher numbers of tourists to the region taking Caribbean holidays, which will be a positive turnaround from the financial downfall of the last year. Tourists will also be offered more options for when they can travel and will welcome cheaper flights or Caribbean holiday package deals.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...