Sandals Resorts, assault on soft market before end of the summer holiday season
Sandals Resorts are taking no chances thrououghout the recession as they launch a new marketing campaign to encourage more people to take luxury holidays staying at their Caribbean hotels
Sandals Resorts have introduced a new marketing strategy in an effort to help pull the company through the recession whilst saving jobs and attracting more customers. With Caribbean hotels and resorts particularly being affected during the economic crisis, new marketing initiatives are being put in place to help increase the occupancy levels in accommodation and encourage more people to take luxury Caribbean holidays to Sandals Resorts.
The marketing plans include offering rebates on flights, introducing new programmes to attract more travel agents, and offering up to 65% off their luxury holiday deals. Stephen Hector, Sandals Resort spokesman said:
"We've always marketed our properties very aggressively and I think it's important that that has remained the case because we need the business.
"Our marketing ethos is as simple as keep the resorts full, and that's the endgame for us. We're working very hard to try to turn things around and we hope that time comes soon."
After recently purchasing the Emerald Bay Resort in Exuma, Sandals Resorts also had to make 80 employees from the company's Cable Beach property, redundant this week. The occupancy levels of the resort had been down to 50% which led to the job cuts. Despite 150 staff members having also been made redundant from the same resort in 2008, Stephen Hector remains optimistic:
"We anticipate bringing people back in December. Obviously, we want to keep our resorts busy. We want resorts that are 100 percent full all of the time, and we do that through good marketing and sales promotions," he said.
With fewer travellers taking luxury Caribbean holidays over recent months, Sandal Resorts are hoping that outcome of their new marketing strategy will be positive and attract visitors to their resorts all over the Caribbean region
Emerald Bay Resort is the 14th addition to the luxury resorts company's collection and is due to open in January 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Enjoy a taste of Thailand with a complimentary cooking class
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...