Sandals Resorts, assault on soft market before end of the summer holiday season
Sandals Resorts are taking no chances thrououghout the recession as they launch a new marketing campaign to encourage more people to take luxury holidays staying at their Caribbean hotels
Sandals Resorts have introduced a new marketing strategy in an effort to help pull the company through the recession whilst saving jobs and attracting more customers. With Caribbean hotels and resorts particularly being affected during the economic crisis, new marketing initiatives are being put in place to help increase the occupancy levels in accommodation and encourage more people to take luxury Caribbean holidays to Sandals Resorts.
The marketing plans include offering rebates on flights, introducing new programmes to attract more travel agents, and offering up to 65% off their luxury holiday deals. Stephen Hector, Sandals Resort spokesman said:
"We've always marketed our properties very aggressively and I think it's important that that has remained the case because we need the business.
"Our marketing ethos is as simple as keep the resorts full, and that's the endgame for us. We're working very hard to try to turn things around and we hope that time comes soon."
After recently purchasing the Emerald Bay Resort in Exuma, Sandals Resorts also had to make 80 employees from the company's Cable Beach property, redundant this week. The occupancy levels of the resort had been down to 50% which led to the job cuts. Despite 150 staff members having also been made redundant from the same resort in 2008, Stephen Hector remains optimistic:
"We anticipate bringing people back in December. Obviously, we want to keep our resorts busy. We want resorts that are 100 percent full all of the time, and we do that through good marketing and sales promotions," he said.
With fewer travellers taking luxury Caribbean holidays over recent months, Sandal Resorts are hoping that outcome of their new marketing strategy will be positive and attract visitors to their resorts all over the Caribbean region
Emerald Bay Resort is the 14th addition to the luxury resorts company's collection and is due to open in January 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...