Sandals Resorts, assault on soft market before end of the summer holiday season
Sandals Resorts are taking no chances thrououghout the recession as they launch a new marketing campaign to encourage more people to take luxury holidays staying at their Caribbean hotels
Sandals Resorts have introduced a new marketing strategy in an effort to help pull the company through the recession whilst saving jobs and attracting more customers. With Caribbean hotels and resorts particularly being affected during the economic crisis, new marketing initiatives are being put in place to help increase the occupancy levels in accommodation and encourage more people to take luxury Caribbean holidays to Sandals Resorts.
The marketing plans include offering rebates on flights, introducing new programmes to attract more travel agents, and offering up to 65% off their luxury holiday deals. Stephen Hector, Sandals Resort spokesman said:
"We've always marketed our properties very aggressively and I think it's important that that has remained the case because we need the business.
"Our marketing ethos is as simple as keep the resorts full, and that's the endgame for us. We're working very hard to try to turn things around and we hope that time comes soon."
After recently purchasing the Emerald Bay Resort in Exuma, Sandals Resorts also had to make 80 employees from the company's Cable Beach property, redundant this week. The occupancy levels of the resort had been down to 50% which led to the job cuts. Despite 150 staff members having also been made redundant from the same resort in 2008, Stephen Hector remains optimistic:
"We anticipate bringing people back in December. Obviously, we want to keep our resorts busy. We want resorts that are 100 percent full all of the time, and we do that through good marketing and sales promotions," he said.
With fewer travellers taking luxury Caribbean holidays over recent months, Sandal Resorts are hoping that outcome of their new marketing strategy will be positive and attract visitors to their resorts all over the Caribbean region
Emerald Bay Resort is the 14th addition to the luxury resorts company's collection and is due to open in January 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...