Sandals Resorts, assault on soft market before end of the summer holiday season
Sandals Resorts are taking no chances thrououghout the recession as they launch a new marketing campaign to encourage more people to take luxury holidays staying at their Caribbean hotels
Sandals Resorts have introduced a new marketing strategy in an effort to help pull the company through the recession whilst saving jobs and attracting more customers. With Caribbean hotels and resorts particularly being affected during the economic crisis, new marketing initiatives are being put in place to help increase the occupancy levels in accommodation and encourage more people to take luxury Caribbean holidays to Sandals Resorts.
The marketing plans include offering rebates on flights, introducing new programmes to attract more travel agents, and offering up to 65% off their luxury holiday deals. Stephen Hector, Sandals Resort spokesman said:
"We've always marketed our properties very aggressively and I think it's important that that has remained the case because we need the business.
"Our marketing ethos is as simple as keep the resorts full, and that's the endgame for us. We're working very hard to try to turn things around and we hope that time comes soon."
After recently purchasing the Emerald Bay Resort in Exuma, Sandals Resorts also had to make 80 employees from the company's Cable Beach property, redundant this week. The occupancy levels of the resort had been down to 50% which led to the job cuts. Despite 150 staff members having also been made redundant from the same resort in 2008, Stephen Hector remains optimistic:
"We anticipate bringing people back in December. Obviously, we want to keep our resorts busy. We want resorts that are 100 percent full all of the time, and we do that through good marketing and sales promotions," he said.
With fewer travellers taking luxury Caribbean holidays over recent months, Sandal Resorts are hoping that outcome of their new marketing strategy will be positive and attract visitors to their resorts all over the Caribbean region
Emerald Bay Resort is the 14th addition to the luxury resorts company's collection and is due to open in January 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy luxury with a 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...