Maldives Travel Wins Achievement Award from Emirates
Emirates' Sales Operations Office in the Maldives has received an Outstanding Achievement Award for their excellent performance in 2008-09, a period during which sales out of Male exceeded the station's targets y nearly a third.
The Emirates Sales Operations branch in the Maldives has just been recognised for their incredible 2008-09 performance by being awarded an Outstanding Achievement Award. The award was presented at a recent regional conference held by the award-winning Dubai-based airline.
To present the award was Divisional Senior Vice President of Commercial Operations Worlwide; Richard Vaughn, accompanied by Emirates Area Manager for Sri Lanka & Maldives; Chandana de Silva. Emirates Vice President of Commercial Operations in West Asia & Indian Ocean was also present at the ceremony which also highlighted the increasingly prosperous position Maldives holidays were enjoying as a travel destination for worldwide tourists and holidaymakers.
But this time around it was outbound sales departing from the Maldives which had seen an unprecedented boost as Mr. de Silva noted: “This award is particularly noteworthy because it recognises performance during a universally challenging period for the air travel industry. The Indian Subcontinent region is very competitive, and exceeding targets is no ordinary feat. I congratulate our team in Male for an inspiring performance.”
To receive the award Emirate’s District Manager of Maldives, Darrel Sortsz who proudly remarked: “The Maldives remains a relatively buoyant market, and the station’s performance illustrates the potential of the destination,”
Emirates has already been the proud winner of more than 400 major international awards and it likes to reward their abroad teams and recognise their efforts for increasing inbound and outbound flights to Dubai holidays, Maldives holidays and Sri lanka holidays, which are popular holiday destinations they serve via their Asia-Pacific routes.
Emirates currently operates 14 services a week from Maldives’ capital of Male to Dubai and 3 services a week from Male to Colombo; offering convenient and easy flight connections to a whopping total of 99 holiday destinations on 6 continents.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...