Maldives Travel Wins Achievement Award from Emirates
Emirates' Sales Operations Office in the Maldives has received an Outstanding Achievement Award for their excellent performance in 2008-09, a period during which sales out of Male exceeded the station's targets y nearly a third.
The Emirates Sales Operations branch in the Maldives has just been recognised for their incredible 2008-09 performance by being awarded an Outstanding Achievement Award. The award was presented at a recent regional conference held by the award-winning Dubai-based airline.
To present the award was Divisional Senior Vice President of Commercial Operations Worlwide; Richard Vaughn, accompanied by Emirates Area Manager for Sri Lanka & Maldives; Chandana de Silva. Emirates Vice President of Commercial Operations in West Asia & Indian Ocean was also present at the ceremony which also highlighted the increasingly prosperous position Maldives holidays were enjoying as a travel destination for worldwide tourists and holidaymakers.
But this time around it was outbound sales departing from the Maldives which had seen an unprecedented boost as Mr. de Silva noted: “This award is particularly noteworthy because it recognises performance during a universally challenging period for the air travel industry. The Indian Subcontinent region is very competitive, and exceeding targets is no ordinary feat. I congratulate our team in Male for an inspiring performance.”
To receive the award Emirate’s District Manager of Maldives, Darrel Sortsz who proudly remarked: “The Maldives remains a relatively buoyant market, and the station’s performance illustrates the potential of the destination,”
Emirates has already been the proud winner of more than 400 major international awards and it likes to reward their abroad teams and recognise their efforts for increasing inbound and outbound flights to Dubai holidays, Maldives holidays and Sri lanka holidays, which are popular holiday destinations they serve via their Asia-Pacific routes.
Emirates currently operates 14 services a week from Maldives’ capital of Male to Dubai and 3 services a week from Male to Colombo; offering convenient and easy flight connections to a whopping total of 99 holiday destinations on 6 continents.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Located just 150 yards from the pretty seaside promenade in the popular resort of Qawra, the Hotel Santana is ideally...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...