Maldives Travel Wins Achievement Award from Emirates
Emirates' Sales Operations Office in the Maldives has received an Outstanding Achievement Award for their excellent performance in 2008-09, a period during which sales out of Male exceeded the station's targets y nearly a third.
The Emirates Sales Operations branch in the Maldives has just been recognised for their incredible 2008-09 performance by being awarded an Outstanding Achievement Award. The award was presented at a recent regional conference held by the award-winning Dubai-based airline.
To present the award was Divisional Senior Vice President of Commercial Operations Worlwide; Richard Vaughn, accompanied by Emirates Area Manager for Sri Lanka & Maldives; Chandana de Silva. Emirates Vice President of Commercial Operations in West Asia & Indian Ocean was also present at the ceremony which also highlighted the increasingly prosperous position Maldives holidays were enjoying as a travel destination for worldwide tourists and holidaymakers.
But this time around it was outbound sales departing from the Maldives which had seen an unprecedented boost as Mr. de Silva noted: “This award is particularly noteworthy because it recognises performance during a universally challenging period for the air travel industry. The Indian Subcontinent region is very competitive, and exceeding targets is no ordinary feat. I congratulate our team in Male for an inspiring performance.”
To receive the award Emirate’s District Manager of Maldives, Darrel Sortsz who proudly remarked: “The Maldives remains a relatively buoyant market, and the station’s performance illustrates the potential of the destination,”
Emirates has already been the proud winner of more than 400 major international awards and it likes to reward their abroad teams and recognise their efforts for increasing inbound and outbound flights to Dubai holidays, Maldives holidays and Sri lanka holidays, which are popular holiday destinations they serve via their Asia-Pacific routes.
Emirates currently operates 14 services a week from Maldives’ capital of Male to Dubai and 3 services a week from Male to Colombo; offering convenient and easy flight connections to a whopping total of 99 holiday destinations on 6 continents.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Experience the exclusivity of Ras Al Khaimah from a luxury retreat at this stunning beachfront resort
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Get a true taste of the rich Indonesian culture with a stay across the stunning islands of Bali and Gili Trawangan....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...