Sri Lanka holiday industry Boom Planned with "Small Miracle"
In order to re-launch itself as a holiday destination after the country's civil war came to an end, Sri Lanka has recently launched a new logo and tagline to help promote the country's tourism potential
Sri Lanka Tourism has recently launched a new logo and tagline, "Sri Lanka Small Miracle", to help promote the country and encourage more travellers to take Sri Lanka holidays.
The previous tagline, Sri Lanka, Land like No Other, has now been replaced and tourism officials are optimistically looking ahead to a new era of tourism and a boom in Sri Lanka holidays. After months of research carried out by A C Nielson, the new logo and tagline was chosen and a communication campaign has been underway since June to help promote the official change of the new brand.
Managing Director of Sri Lanka's Tourism Promotion Bureau, Dileep Mudadeniya, said:
"The objective of the Sri Lanka Tourism re-branding exercise was to create a single core idea that can change people's perception of the country. The challenge faced by Sri Lanka Tourism during the brand strategy planning session in 2006 was to find an idea that embraces the truth of the country, which is relevant to the potential visitor; then communicate that idea through every material item produced, thus establishing an integrated marketing communication approach."
In the lead up to the change, Sri Lanka Tourism launched a programme to encourage local residents of the island to take part in the new branding campaign and provide pictures, artefacts, and collectable items, which they thought represented the essence of Sri Lanka. Many of these were then used in the print campaign and also displayed in an exhibition.
Chairman of the Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion, Bernard Goonetilleke, said:
"Sri Lanka Small Miracle denotes the mysteries of Sri Lanka and how it holds so many different features in such a small geographical area. Sri Lanka truly combines rich and diverse treasures so amazingly concentrated to provide the most pleasant diverse and authentic holiday experience no other Asian destination could so conveniently offer".
By launching the new brand, it is hoped that many travellers from across the world will be inspired and take more holidays to Sri Lanka and appreciate what it has to offer. The island provides a great place for families, couples, and backpackers looking to take relaxing holidays in Sri Lanka.
As well as a print, radio, and TV campaign, the website has also been revamped and the new brand can be seen on stationary, posters, memorabilia, and a commemorative stamp, to attract visitors on Sri Lanka holidays and celebrate the new beginnings.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....