"U" enters the India hotels industry
The U Hotels & Resorts Group will soon have its first of India hotels as it signs an agreement to manage their first U Hotel in Varanasi. The new hotel will be called The U Grand Varanasi and is expected to be completed by 2011
Entering the Indian market for the first time, The U hotels & Resorts Group is about to add a new member to the family with an India hotel to be built in the lovely region of Varanasi, also called “the city of temples”, “the holy city of India or also “the religious capital of India”
The U Hotel & Resorts Group, in conjunction with Jonathan Wigley, the CEO of Absolute Hotel Services Co. Ltd, signed an agreement to manage the hotel with Mr Wigley taking charge of the U Grand Varanasi which will start being built at the of October 2009.
“The total cost of the project is estimated at USD 12 million and we would like to set the market trend and make sure that we are the market leader in the destination. This is the first hotel development of our group for which we plan 4 more hotels with-in 3 years and we are delighted to work with U Hotels & Resorts having visited their unique properties in Thailand” said Mr. Mohit Kamboj, Director of KBJ Group Mumbai, India.
A press conference was recently held to announce the constructions plans on the new “U Grand Varanasi” and a blessing for the future new India hotel also took place. The ground breaking ceremony was held amidst all the local media to announce the new project to the public and celebrate with Varanasi the addition of a fresh new India hotel property in the city.
Mr Wigley also expressed his joy over the new agreement for the management of this India hotel:
“We could not be more pleased to set foot on the ground in India, especially at such a unique location like Varanasi. The U Grand Varanasi will be another unique U Hotel that demonstrates the quality of product and services combining the heritage of its location. In addition, with the new International Airport terminal well under development and scheduled to open in late 2010, this will open direct international air links for travellers wishing to explore this cultural and spiritual centre. We are currently concluding an additional 8 hotels in India which we plan to announce later this year together with the opening of our Absolute Hotel Services India office in Mumbai”
For enriching India holidays, there isn’t a better place than Varanasi, one of India’s most cultural cities, a mystical place where the living and the dead come together in a vast array of temples and forts such as The Ramnagar fort, an unmissable fortress which used to be the residential palace of the ruler of Varanasi.
Varanasi, located by the holy River Ganges and often also referred to as Benares, is one of India’s major pilgrimage sites as well as being a major tourist attractions with world famous Ghats and temples. For over 2000 years, this holy city has been a great centre of spiritual enlightening, learning and civilisation.
Lovers of culture and sightseeing couldn’t wish for a better India holiday than visiting this holy city. Officially regarded as the religious pilgrimage place for Hindus, Buddhists and Jains, this spiritual city continues to be one of oldest inhabited cities in the world.
And now with the newest addition of Varanasi hotels to be opened in 2011, travellers will enjoy an improved choice of India hotels to choose from in this blessed region.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Journey through the heart of India exploring various monuments including The Taj Mahal and The Golden Temple in Amritsar
Go on a holiday of a lifetime visiting many of the must see tourist spots and more secluded parts that will memorable memories
- Visit the Wagah border to experience the amazing "Lowering of the Flag" ceremony a once in a lifetime activity to witness
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and enjoy two fabolous dinners in Amritsar
A magical journey on the fastest train in India - A truly once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the Golden Triangle
Travel through the heart of this wonderful country unearthing many hidden gems and witnessing many of India's most famous landmarks and monuments
- Journey on the fantastic Gatimaan Express, India's first train of it's type that was launched in April 2016
- Enjoy various excursions along the way such as a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, Jeep ride ascending Amber Fort and a Rajasthani feast with a local family, all included
- Travel between New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, with English speaking local guides for sightseeing and excursion tours
Go for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and get a fuller taste of India when you combine culture and village lifestyle traditions.
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- This is a journey through the heart of India to explore the old and new part of Delhi the capital city, the Taj Mahal in Agra and much more
- During the tour you will be staying at fabulous comfortable hotels that are all 4* and above
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...