Design Hotels Announces Eco Maldives Holidays with New Maldives Hotel
Design Hotels presents 4 new hotels offering eco-luxurious experiences at their best at some of the world's most breathtaking holiday destinations, one of which will be the stunning islets of the Maldives at the North Huvadhoo Atoll
Imagine an incredible Maldives holiday spent in guiltless bliss knowing that your ecological footprint is kept to the very minimum. Imagine a pure, eco holiday in which every single aspect of your hotel has been designed with the environment in mind. Picture a perfect untouched landscape away from the all the nuisances of civilisation where you won’t be disturbed by no roads, no traffic, no noise.
And also forget all about extreme hippie hideaways, outdoor toilets and tie-dye clad guests holding daisies – all of that is far behind in the past. Nowadays you don’t have to sacrifice luxury and comforts in order to be kinder to nature. And that is because today’s eco-hotels are now even more modern than their non-eco peers in the industry. Don’t trust us? Ask Design Hotels, the Dutch hotel group and prime eco-innovator that is bound to revolutionise the way travellers think about eco holidays and eco hotels.
Design Hotels, known for their distinctive architecture and chic interior designs, are now proud to introduce their new set of 4 eco hotels with added style. One of their new breathtaking ecological masterpieces will be strategically set in a lush stunning location in the Maldives and promises to be the number one holiday destination for the most authentic and stylish of Maldives holidays.
Opening soon this month, on August 2009 and being already bookable, the new Alila Villas Hadahaa Maldives hotel is surrounded by turquoise waters, fine white beaches and virtually untouched tropical land and nature. It is located at the North Huvadhoo Atoll which is believed to be one of the largest and deepest natural Atolls in the world.
Offering the truly ultimate Maldivian experience, guests staying at this all-villa resort can choose from one of 14 stilted, over-water Aqua Villas or 36 Island Villas. To reflect and showcase the true Maldivian beauty this new Maldisves hotel features vast sliding windows that afford stunning ocean views on all living spaces. The private tranquillity of the resort’s villas is matched only by the peaceful isolation of the five Spa Villas, where guests can take steam showers, enjoy an extensive range of rejuvenation treatments or unwind in outdoor gazebos, tubs and rain showers. This is completed and enhanced by a tropical garden, fresh-water pool and floating yoga pavilion which all surround the soothing, calming and lush Spa area. Other in-resort facilities of this exceptional Maldives hotel include two swimming pools, a fully-equipped gym, a Maldivian speciality restaurant offering a sampling of local and regional cuisine and a main restaurant, as well as a library and a star-gazing deck for admiring the shine of the Maldivian unpolluted stars and clear skies.
Alila Villas Hadahaa is the first of Maldives hotels to achieve the prestigious Green Globe “Building, Planning and Design” benchmark. The whole eco resort was designed to best adapt to the tropical climate and natural environment of the island with special environmental features that include rainwater harvesting, waste treatment, high roofed areas and open ceilings. To confirm their local social responsibility, this eco-friendly Maldives hotel has just launched the “Gift-to-Share” programme in which guests can also participate by donating in order to support any of the three community programmes that the resort has initiated. This includes projects like building up a reference and research library in the local schools; re-introducing Maldivian traditional crafts into primary schools; and introducing community farming projects.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Let all concerns leave your mind while you spend 8 days of peace and relaxation at the Royal Island hotel in the...