Costa Rica proudly Celebrates its National Parks Day
Last 24th August Costa Rica celebrated their National Park's day with a range of ongoing festive activities that took place from Saturday 22nd with a week long celebration to mark this important event on the eco-friendly country
Costa Rica’s famous festivities marking their National Parks’ Day took place on 24th August as the whole country celebrated their privileged status as the world’s greenest place on earth.
To mark these important celebrations, last Saturday 22nd a range of educational activities took placed in the carara National Park, with the participation of each member of the Scarlet Macaw Conservation Project, which counts with Carara National Park, LAPPA Association, Los Sueños Marriot Ocean & Golf Resort, Elementary School of Herradura & CRT Team as its members.
Also joining the team of eco-enthusiasts were the authorities of Costa Rica’s Environment, Energy and Telecommunications Ministry (MINAET) as well as representatives of the Japan International Cooperation Agency (Jica). This latter and important agency shared with Herradura school children their culture, traditions and knowledge in specialised areas of the protection of the environment.
Costa Ricans are proud to offer the world with the best eco-friendly Costa Rica holidays anyone could imagine! From dormant volcanoes, to turtles and bird-watching, from jungle rides and butterfly farms to ecologically protected beaches, Costa Rica continues to be the number one holiday destination for the greenest of holiday experiences!
With their National Parks Celebration Day Costa Rica further promoted the protection and conservation of natural resources, allowing children to expand their knowledge on other cultures and highlight the importance of caring for nature. This learning course proved to be as much fun as it was enriching and educative for the future generations to come, so that the Costa Rican children of today can keep working for a greener tomorrow , where Costa Rica remains as the natural haven it is now.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...