Costa Rica proudly Celebrates its National Parks Day
Last 24th August Costa Rica celebrated their National Park's day with a range of ongoing festive activities that took place from Saturday 22nd with a week long celebration to mark this important event on the eco-friendly country
Costa Rica’s famous festivities marking their National Parks’ Day took place on 24th August as the whole country celebrated their privileged status as the world’s greenest place on earth.
To mark these important celebrations, last Saturday 22nd a range of educational activities took placed in the carara National Park, with the participation of each member of the Scarlet Macaw Conservation Project, which counts with Carara National Park, LAPPA Association, Los Sueños Marriot Ocean & Golf Resort, Elementary School of Herradura & CRT Team as its members.
Also joining the team of eco-enthusiasts were the authorities of Costa Rica’s Environment, Energy and Telecommunications Ministry (MINAET) as well as representatives of the Japan International Cooperation Agency (Jica). This latter and important agency shared with Herradura school children their culture, traditions and knowledge in specialised areas of the protection of the environment.
Costa Ricans are proud to offer the world with the best eco-friendly Costa Rica holidays anyone could imagine! From dormant volcanoes, to turtles and bird-watching, from jungle rides and butterfly farms to ecologically protected beaches, Costa Rica continues to be the number one holiday destination for the greenest of holiday experiences!
With their National Parks Celebration Day Costa Rica further promoted the protection and conservation of natural resources, allowing children to expand their knowledge on other cultures and highlight the importance of caring for nature. This learning course proved to be as much fun as it was enriching and educative for the future generations to come, so that the Costa Rican children of today can keep working for a greener tomorrow , where Costa Rica remains as the natural haven it is now.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore Edit
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...