Dubai hotels market remains optimistic for Marriott
Although most of Dubai hotels have suffered during the recession slump, the story is not true for all. Some like Marriott have been lucky enough to enjoy a more stable position as they predict a promising future for all Dubai hotels in the long-term
Dubai hotels have been some of the worst affected in the global recession with the biggest revenue fall in the Middle East region during the first half of 2009. However despite the recent downfall, some Dubai hotels are not suffering as much as the rest.
Marriott Hotels have a wide range of hotels across the Middle East and they are performing well on the hotel market throughout the main cities in comparison to other less fortunate accommodation groups and hotels in Dubai.
Marriott's Director of Sales and Marketing for Middle East and Africa, Jeff Strachan, says:
"While it is true that the hotel industry in Dubai has experienced a slowdown in recent months, the situation is not as bad as the image that has been painted by the media."
"All we have been reading about for the last six months is the alleged bubble has burst and everyone wants to sit in a glass house and throw stones at Dubai. I think what is needed is a real perspective about where Dubai was and where it is now."
Dubai has been noticeably affected by the recession, with fewer people taking Dubai holidays, and hotel occupancy levels lower than usual but it still continues to be a thriving centre for business and there are regions in the world that have been far worse affected by the global economical situation.
Jeff commented on the difficulties for independent Dubai hotels and Marriott Hotels' advantage:
"In Dubai, the market has slipped 33%, and we have barely slipped double digits. If you are an unbranded hotel, it's difficult to buy your way up. For example, it's difficult to buy your way onto the global distribution, and branded hotels appear higher on search engines. The branded hotels have much more strength in those areas."
The future for Marriott's Dubai hotels is also looking bright, Jeff said: "The general outlook in terms of occupancies is positive. There are a lot of demand generators that are looking buoyant in the last quarter of this year, with the big exhibitions, the Air Show, the Race to Dubai, even the overflow from the Grand Prix in Abu Dhabi."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...