Dubai hotels market remains optimistic for Marriott
Although most of Dubai hotels have suffered during the recession slump, the story is not true for all. Some like Marriott have been lucky enough to enjoy a more stable position as they predict a promising future for all Dubai hotels in the long-term
Dubai hotels have been some of the worst affected in the global recession with the biggest revenue fall in the Middle East region during the first half of 2009. However despite the recent downfall, some Dubai hotels are not suffering as much as the rest.
Marriott Hotels have a wide range of hotels across the Middle East and they are performing well on the hotel market throughout the main cities in comparison to other less fortunate accommodation groups and hotels in Dubai.
Marriott's Director of Sales and Marketing for Middle East and Africa, Jeff Strachan, says:
"While it is true that the hotel industry in Dubai has experienced a slowdown in recent months, the situation is not as bad as the image that has been painted by the media."
"All we have been reading about for the last six months is the alleged bubble has burst and everyone wants to sit in a glass house and throw stones at Dubai. I think what is needed is a real perspective about where Dubai was and where it is now."
Dubai has been noticeably affected by the recession, with fewer people taking Dubai holidays, and hotel occupancy levels lower than usual but it still continues to be a thriving centre for business and there are regions in the world that have been far worse affected by the global economical situation.
Jeff commented on the difficulties for independent Dubai hotels and Marriott Hotels' advantage:
"In Dubai, the market has slipped 33%, and we have barely slipped double digits. If you are an unbranded hotel, it's difficult to buy your way up. For example, it's difficult to buy your way onto the global distribution, and branded hotels appear higher on search engines. The branded hotels have much more strength in those areas."
The future for Marriott's Dubai hotels is also looking bright, Jeff said: "The general outlook in terms of occupancies is positive. There are a lot of demand generators that are looking buoyant in the last quarter of this year, with the big exhibitions, the Air Show, the Race to Dubai, even the overflow from the Grand Prix in Abu Dhabi."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- free Half Board
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...