Cancun hotel in the Riviera Maya launches Free Eco Tours
The Sandos Caracol Eco Resort & Spa in Cancun continues with its plans to become the first Eco Resort on the Riviera Maya and this time they are welcoming guests to the revitalised eco property with the launch of complimentary Eco Tours
The Riviera Maya’s first Cancun hotel to be transforming into a fully ecological resort is now welcoming worldwide travellers to their revitalised eco-property with the launch of complimentary Eco Tours.
The Sandos Caracol Eco Resort & Spa is the first of Cancun hotels to be carrying out work in order to convert their hotel property into a fully ecological resort. The eco transformation which began in autumn of 2008 and is projected to be fully completed in 2010 has included things like designated wildlife areas, gardens and streams as well as the building of self-sufficient structures.
The new complimentary Eco Tour launched by this green Cancun hotel, will take guests on an interwoven path throughout the lush property where they can discover the beautiful nature areas within the resort. Guides will be there to help participants observe the extraordinary details of the Mayan jungle, including magnificent treasures such as 16 natural cenotes pools, indigenous animals and exotic flora and fauna.
Unique animals to be found on-site include peacocks, donkeys, scarlet macaws, blue-golden macaws, coatimundi, agouti, raccoons, iguanas, squirrels, fresh-water turtles and cormorant crabs, among some others. This pioneering Eco Cancun hotel has gone as far as to hiring an on-site veterinarian who works full time to attend and care for the animals that live in secluded areas of the property.
At this one-of-a-kind Cancun hotel, Cancun holidays can be beautifully enhanced with an upclose interaction with the most beautiful of tropical Mayan nature. The diverse flora includes cedar and mahogany trees, curative trees, kapok trees and the “Chaka” – the holy tree of the Mayans as well as the “Chechen” better known as the mystical Mayan tree of “good and evil”. The property also boasts three species of endangered palm trees including the “Nacax”, the “Chit” and the “Guano”.
The Sandos Caracol complex is ideally located only five minutes from the quaint village of Playa del Carmen. Situated directly off the beach of this Cancun hotel you can find the world's second largest living coral reef, the Meso-American Barrier Reef, a fascinating underwater environment ideal for snorkelling and scuba diving. So if guests didn’t get enough of earthly ecological excursions, whilst on their Cancun holiday at this exceptional hotel you can also tour through the enchanting tropical undersea world, for the most eco-complete Cancun holiday you could find!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Rejuvenate in a peaceful and soothing atmosphere during a memorable holiday at the all-inclusive Gran Caribe Resort and...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...