Cancun hotel in the Riviera Maya launches Free Eco Tours
The Sandos Caracol Eco Resort & Spa in Cancun continues with its plans to become the first Eco Resort on the Riviera Maya and this time they are welcoming guests to the revitalised eco property with the launch of complimentary Eco Tours
The Riviera Maya’s first Cancun hotel to be transforming into a fully ecological resort is now welcoming worldwide travellers to their revitalised eco-property with the launch of complimentary Eco Tours.
The Sandos Caracol Eco Resort & Spa is the first of Cancun hotels to be carrying out work in order to convert their hotel property into a fully ecological resort. The eco transformation which began in autumn of 2008 and is projected to be fully completed in 2010 has included things like designated wildlife areas, gardens and streams as well as the building of self-sufficient structures.
The new complimentary Eco Tour launched by this green Cancun hotel, will take guests on an interwoven path throughout the lush property where they can discover the beautiful nature areas within the resort. Guides will be there to help participants observe the extraordinary details of the Mayan jungle, including magnificent treasures such as 16 natural cenotes pools, indigenous animals and exotic flora and fauna.
Unique animals to be found on-site include peacocks, donkeys, scarlet macaws, blue-golden macaws, coatimundi, agouti, raccoons, iguanas, squirrels, fresh-water turtles and cormorant crabs, among some others. This pioneering Eco Cancun hotel has gone as far as to hiring an on-site veterinarian who works full time to attend and care for the animals that live in secluded areas of the property.
At this one-of-a-kind Cancun hotel, Cancun holidays can be beautifully enhanced with an upclose interaction with the most beautiful of tropical Mayan nature. The diverse flora includes cedar and mahogany trees, curative trees, kapok trees and the “Chaka” – the holy tree of the Mayans as well as the “Chechen” better known as the mystical Mayan tree of “good and evil”. The property also boasts three species of endangered palm trees including the “Nacax”, the “Chit” and the “Guano”.
The Sandos Caracol complex is ideally located only five minutes from the quaint village of Playa del Carmen. Situated directly off the beach of this Cancun hotel you can find the world's second largest living coral reef, the Meso-American Barrier Reef, a fascinating underwater environment ideal for snorkelling and scuba diving. So if guests didn’t get enough of earthly ecological excursions, whilst on their Cancun holiday at this exceptional hotel you can also tour through the enchanting tropical undersea world, for the most eco-complete Cancun holiday you could find!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...