Cancun hotel in the Riviera Maya launches Free Eco Tours
The Sandos Caracol Eco Resort & Spa in Cancun continues with its plans to become the first Eco Resort on the Riviera Maya and this time they are welcoming guests to the revitalised eco property with the launch of complimentary Eco Tours
The Riviera Maya’s first Cancun hotel to be transforming into a fully ecological resort is now welcoming worldwide travellers to their revitalised eco-property with the launch of complimentary Eco Tours.
The Sandos Caracol Eco Resort & Spa is the first of Cancun hotels to be carrying out work in order to convert their hotel property into a fully ecological resort. The eco transformation which began in autumn of 2008 and is projected to be fully completed in 2010 has included things like designated wildlife areas, gardens and streams as well as the building of self-sufficient structures.
The new complimentary Eco Tour launched by this green Cancun hotel, will take guests on an interwoven path throughout the lush property where they can discover the beautiful nature areas within the resort. Guides will be there to help participants observe the extraordinary details of the Mayan jungle, including magnificent treasures such as 16 natural cenotes pools, indigenous animals and exotic flora and fauna.
Unique animals to be found on-site include peacocks, donkeys, scarlet macaws, blue-golden macaws, coatimundi, agouti, raccoons, iguanas, squirrels, fresh-water turtles and cormorant crabs, among some others. This pioneering Eco Cancun hotel has gone as far as to hiring an on-site veterinarian who works full time to attend and care for the animals that live in secluded areas of the property.
At this one-of-a-kind Cancun hotel, Cancun holidays can be beautifully enhanced with an upclose interaction with the most beautiful of tropical Mayan nature. The diverse flora includes cedar and mahogany trees, curative trees, kapok trees and the “Chaka” – the holy tree of the Mayans as well as the “Chechen” better known as the mystical Mayan tree of “good and evil”. The property also boasts three species of endangered palm trees including the “Nacax”, the “Chit” and the “Guano”.
The Sandos Caracol complex is ideally located only five minutes from the quaint village of Playa del Carmen. Situated directly off the beach of this Cancun hotel you can find the world's second largest living coral reef, the Meso-American Barrier Reef, a fascinating underwater environment ideal for snorkelling and scuba diving. So if guests didn’t get enough of earthly ecological excursions, whilst on their Cancun holiday at this exceptional hotel you can also tour through the enchanting tropical undersea world, for the most eco-complete Cancun holiday you could find!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...